Author Topic: Need advice about botched nipple  (Read 3530 times)

Offline robbedlife

Im new to this group and hope that you can give me advice.  My life has been consumed by gyno.  I had two surgeries to correct the problem.  1 year after the first surgery, my areolas were still very puffy so I had the second surgery to correct the problem.  For the most part the second surgery worked leaving only slightly visible scars around the bottom of my areolas.  The problem I encountered was that the left actual nipple was probobly twice the size of the right nipple and looked very strange.  Both areolas were the same size.  Out of desperation one night  I put ice on my left nipple until it was deadened of any feeling and I used nail clippers to remove part of the nipple.  I ended up cutting basically the entire nipple off leaving a scar in the center of my aerola that has no pigment.  Can a new nipple be reformed some how?  Could another option be to try and have the nipple tattoed to create the look of a nipple with pigment?  My life has been controlled by abnormal areolas/nipples and Im desperate to be "normal".  Thanks for any help/suggestions you might have.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No comment on your doing self surgery -- I think you know the answer.

Nipple reconstruction in situations such as what you describe is nigh impossible.  The only thing left to do is to tattoo the nipple to try to match the color.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline robbedlife

Thank you Dr. for the response.  I make no excuses for the self surgery other than I was at my wits end....which is no excuse.  I will try the tattoo route and see if I can improve the way it looks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024