Author Topic: Surgery in Two Weeks with Dr. Kapoor in Beverly Hills!  (Read 1954 times)

Offline The996

Hello everyone. Hard to think that a problem of 18+ years is so close to being eliminated forever. Over the last two weeks, I've been mulling over the procedure, knowing I need to have it, but not sure if I wanted to take on any debt to do so. Got some cash together, and now we're set.

Have had gyne as long as I can remember. At least back until age 12, am 29 now. We would have school scoliosis tests, and I would get a note saying it was against my religion to take off my shirt. One year, I forgot, and boy did it suck. All the ridicule about my chest, I've either blocked out or can't remember any simply because I didn't put myself in position to be mocked. Never been on a public pool. Didn't even take my shirt off much during my honeymoon to Turks & Caicos last year. But, I'm ready.

I've lost over 50 pounds in the last couple of years, I'm vascular everywhere, but my chest looks like shit. If I could only work out at the gym with a baggy top, sleeveless, that would be ideal.

Anyways, coping with the no workout idea for a month, but I can't wait. Thanks to everyone for their informative posts, which made this decision so much easier.

THANKS!

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Good luck with the surgery!!!!! You don't have to stop working since you can work out at home, simple body weight exercises like push ups and chin ups are just as effective as expensive gym machinery

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
I really don't understand the "coping with the no workout idea for a month" comment.  ???

This was also a HUGE concern of mine, but Like JamesDawson mentioned, you really shouldn't have to stop working out for too much time. Obviously ask your doctor as everyone is different but within 4-5 days of surgery I was walking approx. 3 miles a day. The following week I was "running" those ~3 miles and within a month I was back to my old routine including long runs (10+ miles), spin classes and weight machines. During this time I wore very tight compression t-shirts (as I had done for the previous ~3 years) and was advised by my doctor to stop only if I felt any pain, which I didn't. Again, I'm not sure what you are going to have done (I had both lipo and excision) so check with your doctor to confirm.

BTW, last week I flew out to (I assume) your coast to run a half marathon (Santa Monica) and even set a PR. I was only ~7 weeks out of surgery which hopefully illustrates that downtime may not be as bad as you may have read. Tough leaving 80 degree temps to come back to 20 degree temps and 2 feet of snow!  :D 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024