Author Topic: Jayln and Genecomastia  (Read 2914 times)

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I am new here.

I started taking Jalyn this past October for BPH and just in the last two weeks I noticed my breasts were enlarging,  become becoming soft, and the nipples remaining erect.  Gynecomastia is listed as a very remote side effect, but I seem to be experiencing it.  Historically, I have had a fairly muscular chest, which may be why I did not notice the size difference until now.  I have made an appointment with my doctor and have stopped taking the drug.  Should I expect my breasts to reduce in size or will they be this size going forward? One more note, I lost my right testicle to an infection 5 years ago, so I am expecting my testosterone levels to be under normal, but it never seemed to be an issue.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is an acknowledged possible side effect of this drug combination.

Stopping the medication, speaking with your doctor and observing your condition are reasonable things to do.  You might inquire of your doctor if he would recommend some type of anti-estrogen drug.  This might help -- or not.  You will only know in retrospect.

If the condition remains after 3-6 months, then it may be considered permanent.  You are then faced with a decision to live with it or to consider surgery.

Best of luck.

Dr JAcobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Doctor Jacobs,
Thank you for your quick reply.  I appreciate it.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I have one more question.  If the Gynecomastia goes down after staying off the Jalyn, will the areola shrink back down as well or will it stay enlarged?  Thank you.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In general, if the excess tissue shrinks, then the skin should tighten  down as well -- and the areolar diameter should also diminish.

Of course, no one can predict in your individual case.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024