Author Topic: anxious  (Read 2593 times)

jimmyC

hi all,

well im 23 and have been dealing(trying to) with this damn thing for a while now. ive tried intense cardio and weight training for a year and a half now with no significant change to my chest. Im 6 foot and weigh like 77kgs with f all body fat. objectively its not a major case by any means but subjectively its f**king bad and is pretty much destroying me. i am unable to concentrate on anything except "IT" and have decided surgery is a must and will be getting it done no later than december this year(when i have the cash) but the only problem is i dont know how i can manage to deal with it until then as im constantly scared its getting worse then thinking it might be getting better and around it f**king goes. im just sick of not feeling satisfied with myself!!! i could write and essay on this stupid curse but anyways thats a bit of my story (or rant)
thanks for reading.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to gyne.org.  You will find a lot of empathy on this site.

While you are waiting for surgery, you should consider a firm compression shirt -- tight ones from Under Armour, etc -- but check out the web for others as well.  It will provide a decent shape for you and increase your self esteem a well.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

jimmyC

Thanks for the reply Dr Jacobs. I bought a compression shirt today and am some what confident it can get me by until surgery. i will continue to work out quite intensely and save money in the same fashion in preparation for surgery i just hope all goes to plan. anyway, thanks again for the reply.

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
Hey dude!

Congrats on making that decision man! I'm 22 and had my surgery a couple of years ago, it really changed my life, its awesome feeling just normal, not thinking about it all the time, not thinking about it at all :).
For now just do what the doc said, compression shirt and try not to think about it too much. As far as surgery goes all i can say is find a good doctor with lots of before and after pictures and then just do it, it was the best decision i ever made, i felt like a new man after. The best part of surgery is when you just put it behind you, you start to forget all the suffering that comes with gyne and start to live life the way you should. Get it done as soon as you can mate!
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
hi all,

well im 23 and have been dealing(trying to) with this damn thing for a while now. ive tried intense cardio and weight training for a year and a half now with no significant change to my chest. Im 6 foot and weigh like 77kgs with f all body fat. objectively its not a major case by any means but subjectively its f**king bad and is pretty much destroying me. i am unable to concentrate on anything except "IT" and have decided surgery is a must and will be getting it done no later than december this year(when i have the cash) but the only problem is i dont know how i can manage to deal with it until then as im constantly scared its getting worse then thinking it might be getting better and around it f**king goes. im just sick of not feeling satisfied with myself!!! i could write and essay on this stupid curse but anyways thats a bit of my story (or rant)
thanks for reading.

Hey I've worked out hard doing cardio and weight's and my condition didn't change either. I think about "IT" all the time also, just like you. I made the decision to go with Dr. Elliot Jacobs to do my surgery, the hard part is waiting for my date....good luck man!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024