Author Topic: Puffy Nipple Surgery on 4/13!!!  (Read 3721 times)

Offline LJ715757

Hello all!

Just wanted to share my experience of living with gynecomastia.  First off, I have had this since i was about 12 or 13; far too long, I am now 22.  I have struggled with this condition for years! Wearing multiple shirts to hide my protruding nipples, not going out to the pools or swimming out of fear that someone, somewhere, will notice.  I have never been confronted that my nipples look weird, but everytime someone has seen me with my shirt off my nipples were erect because the water was cold, or else I pinched them to stimulate them.  I know everyone here can probably relate in one way or another.  Its truly an embarrassing condition, however, I am now on the path to get this surgery done and put this in the past.

I consulted with many plastic surgeons, I'm in northern Wisconsin; ya Der hey! ha ha, well, I was impressed by alot of the surgeons here but I decided to go with Dr. Fox with the Wausau Plastic Surgery group; all board certified and experienced in this procedure.  I consulted with him, he said that he would do gland excision and just a tad of lipo to sculpt the chest; at first I didn't think I needed lipo but I'm not the surgeon; at least hes not just doing lipo alone or else I would have not gone to him.  He took pictures of my chest, and sent them to my insurance company! I told him that I did have breast tenderness and soreness and it was very uncomfortable.  He said that he would file with my insurance company, and that I would wait a few weeks for authorization or not.  Thankfully, a week later, I was notified that my insurance was covering for the procedure! I wish i could have known this about 10 years ago! However, i am forever grateful that my insurance will cover the procedure and that I do not have to pay out of pocket.

I will keep you all updated and possibly post some pictures to come.  I have puffy nipples that protrude about a half an inch and are oval shaped; when stimulated they look totally normal!

Please feel free to share you thoughts!

One love.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Good luck with your surgery.

You are one lucky guy to have your insurance company help to cover the procedure -- most of them put up so many barriers and conditions (or refuse to cover it under any circumstances) that is is virtually impossible to obtain coverage.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
How was your surgery? I am also in wisconsin look ing for a surgeon on my puffy nipples.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024