Author Topic: 30 days  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
Delete please
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:26:14 PM by Entouragee »

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Here's something a little different to think about...focus on realistic expectations and what to expect in the weeks and months after surgery.  I think a lot of docs will say you should see a roughly 80% improvement after ALL of the healing is done.  What does 80% look like to you?  How will it change the shape of your chest with an 80% improvement? 

In the weeks following post op, what have you learned to expect from reading posts here?  Swelling, bruising, lumps and bumps, unevenness, uncomfortable vests are all very common.  A lot of pain, hematomas, fluid draining happen, but are less common.  Read about the post op stories to understand what could happen and what to expect (wish I had done this!). 

I think if you do the above, you'll have a much more enjoyable and rewarding experience and be that much happier with the results.  Good luck!

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
For me i used to just go to work come back and make supper and than ride my exercise bike for like 15 mins or 20 max. almost every day like 15 days prior to surgery. I did cut down however on my sugar intake and cookies  ;D.. I believe i wont ever be eating those nasty buggers ever again !

O and dont do a countdown makes it worse.. i was like hmmm i suppose today is surgery time.. I was bit worried however because a week before my surgery i got major cold !! So try to avoid getting sick it will make recovery worse.. Trust me blowing nose and coughing and sneezing after surgery is going to be PITA. So keep healthy and away from sicklings !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024