Author Topic: Question for those who had surgery with Dr. Bermant in Richmond , VA  (Read 4989 times)

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Where did you guys stay ? It looks like you can stay near Richmond or by his office in Chester but I don't want to rent a car.
And is it me or are the flights expensive the average price is over $400 from Chicago.

DrBermant

Where did you guys stay ? It looks like you can stay near Richmond or by his office in Chester but I don't want to rent a car.
And is it me or are the flights expensive the average price is over $400 from Chicago.

We get many patients from Chicago and around the world who prefer my services. However, we work hard on both the physical sculpture and the emotional healing component. One of the hallmarks of the later, it that most move on with their lives. Although some stay for a while to share experiences and post here, the vast majority have put their painful years of gynecomastia behind them. Although we appreciate when our patients share their experiences to help others, we do not ask them to come back to the forum to post which could open up old emotional wounds. Search here on the forum and look at my patients and their last log in dates.

Jane is my office manager and can help with what our current patients report about preferences about where to stay, airlines, and taxi services. She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Thanks I will do that shortly when I'm about to do the surgery.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
I drove there from a few states away and stayed at a crappy motel by the highway.  It was cheap but safe.

DrBermant

I drove there from a few states away and stayed at a crappy motel by the highway.  It was cheap but safe.

There are some exotic luxury hotels and retreats in our region, most just prefer safe comfortable, price, and close. Jane can help if you prefer something more refined but not as close.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
(804) 748-7737

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
The flights are so expensive it is at least $600 + to fly from Chicago to Richmond. But, the average is over $800 I don't think I can swing that thats more then 10% of the cost of the surgery.

DrBermant

The flights are so expensive it is at least $600 + to fly from Chicago to Richmond. But, the average is over $800 I don't think I can swing that thats more then 10% of the cost of the surgery.

Some of our Chicago and other patients from far away travel by car or train. Amtrak fares can be much lower but time consuming. One such calculation was $253 round trip. I have had patients come from Alaska and western Canada by train, that was one long trip but the stories about the vacation coming were fascinating.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
(804) 748-7737

DrBermant

I asked Jane and she explained that flights to Virginia can be expensive when you book short term. Jane just told me patients tend to book their flights 6 to 8 weeks out. I just looked up Travelocity and was coming up with round trip tickets by plane from $298 to $360 with advanced purchases ranging from 7 to 21 days. That is why I had suggested if someone had travel issue questions, give her a call. She tries to keep track of what patients have told her about the most economical methods of travel, hotel, and other preliminary issues. She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
(804) 748-7737

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Thanks Dr. Bermant will do that and the price for flights are for connecting flights might have no other choice.

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
It looks the best way to fly is on a Saturday the price range is coming up at around $350 which is workable.

Offline Gynvic

• Posting Member
 Typically weekend flights are the most expensive days to fly as weekday/red eye flights are cheaper. I have been looking at flights as well to Richmond, Va from California and have found them cheaper than what your saying. I am stopping in Wisconsin though to visit family first, then from Wisconsin to Richmond, Va to have the o.p. it was only $185.00 one way on priceline.com .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024