Author Topic: Going back for a second round in a few weeks  (Read 2615 times)

Offline aggie13

• Posting Member
Trying to decide if I want nipple reduction done this time around. Any body regret not doing it the first time around? Any body have any good experiences or bad experiences with the nipple reduction? Im mainly scared of the scarring that can be left behind.

DrBermant

Trying to decide if I want nipple reduction done this time around. Any body regret not doing it the first time around? Any body have any good experiences or bad experiences with the nipple reduction? Im mainly scared of the scarring that can be left behind.

Yes I have seen many patients unhappy after some types of skin reduction surgery performed elsewhere. I was concerned enough to name one such group of problems: Large Nipple Areola Deformity Complication and published examples, analysis, and surgical revision solutions. That is why you need to be so careful with better understanding any specific surgeon's skills with such techniques before having the surgery. The most common failure point was to understand the forces involved in dealing with the smaller diameter male areola. The skin of the chest will pull on the reduced size. Unless the forces are balanced, a monster areola deformity as demonstrated can be the result. That is why I built a separate section for my patients' education on skin reduction issues (nipple areola reduction surgery is a variation on the theme of skin reduction).

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024