Author Topic: After revision....still looks like gyno to me!!  (Read 2719 times)

Offline fc12345678

• Posting Member
I began my long and annoying journey of gynecomastia suregeries a little over a year ago.  My friend recommended this doctor and assured me he was good so I went and met him.  He seemed smart enough and his before and after pics seemed fine so I decided to go with him.  Two weeks after the surgery, after the swelling went down, my nipples looks just as bad as before.  I immediately went back and he assured me it is just "loose skin" that formed from the gland being in there and to be patient.  After a year with no improvement and many emails from myself that I know there is still alot of gland in there, he offered to attempt to redo the surgery.  Although I would have much rather go to another dr., I could not afford another cost, so I accepted.  So I go in for the redo and no surprise to me, he took out a huge amount of gland, again.  He admitted I was right and was surprised at the remaining gland he did not remove the 1st time.    My only concerns for the redo were dents but I had much rather just got this damn gland out.

Its been 1 month now and just my luck, it still looks bad.  One side is COMPLETELY flat and the other is puffy and pointy.  It is not fluid because he put drains in and tried to draw the fluid out with a needle last week, but nothing came out.  So now his new explanation is scar tissue on the one side and that it will go down in time.

My questions:

Could scar tissue form so much only on 1 side and none on the other?

Is there any way to determine if it is gland or scar tissue?

He recommended ultrasound massage which I am doing, anyone have success with this?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I am extremely worried he still left gland in.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Is this a board certified plastic surgeon you're talking about?  Does he do very many gyne surgeries each year?  

I find it amazing that any surgeon would be "surprised" at how much gland he missed the first time around.  To me, such a statement would suggest he didn't know what he was doing if he was "surprised" by the results.  I would take such a statement as his admission that he did a poor job.  That's extremely disconcerting. 

I think your concerns about going back to him were justified.  But in situations like this, the doctor has you between a rock and a hard place.  You don't really want to go back to them and give them a second chance to mess up, but because of the significant amount of money involved, you're pretty much at their mercy.  So I can understand why you decided to give him another chance.  When a doctor leads you to believe that he'll do a better job "next time," it becomes easy to hope for the best and give him another chance.

Sorry to hear about your experience. 

Offline fc12345678

• Posting Member
Yeah so in 6 months if there is no improvement, what then.  If I still want to get it fixed it definitely won't be by him.  So would I have grounds to sue?  I have dated pictures from week 1 post op the first surgery until now. 

DrBermant

I began my long and annoying journey of gynecomastia suregeries a little over a year ago.  My friend recommended this doctor and assured me he was good so I went and met him.  He seemed smart enough and his before and after pics seemed fine so I decided to go with him.  Two weeks after the surgery, after the swelling went down, my nipples looks just as bad as before.  I immediately went back and he assured me it is just "loose skin" that formed from the gland being in there and to be patient.  After a year with no improvement and many emails from myself that I know there is still alot of gland in there, he offered to attempt to redo the surgery.  Although I would have much rather go to another dr., I could not afford another cost, so I accepted.  So I go in for the redo and no surprise to me, he took out a huge amount of gland, again.  He admitted I was right and was surprised at the remaining gland he did not remove the 1st time.    My only concerns for the redo were dents but I had much rather just got this damn gland out.

Its been 1 month now and just my luck, it still looks bad.  One side is COMPLETELY flat and the other is puffy and pointy.  It is not fluid because he put drains in and tried to draw the fluid out with a needle last week, but nothing came out.  So now his new explanation is scar tissue on the one side and that it will go down in time.

My questions:

Could scar tissue form so much only on 1 side and none on the other?

Is there any way to determine if it is gland or scar tissue?

He recommended ultrasound massage which I am doing, anyone have success with this?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I am extremely worried he still left gland in.

Why not post some Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures or Videos to let others better understand your concerns. I have constructed resources to teach how to create those images, follow the instructions to see what to do.

I saw so many Puffy Nipple Complications from patients unhappy with surgery done elsewhere, that I gave a name to the deformity and posted a series of examples and mechanisms I have seen causing the problem. Fixing this issue with a Crater Deformity (another defect I coined for another type of bad gynecomastia surgery I have seen done by other doctors) is not a good solution. The gland is not a cancer that has to be removed. The solution should be a normal contour of the male chest that looks good with flexing muscles, arms up overhead, and even more critically in videos of the body moving so the patient can enjoy his chest while living life not having concerns about his chest.

Looking just how a surgeon manages different types of gynecomastia and revision surgery before an operation is much better than having to go through the process of finding out those skills afterwards.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024