Author Topic: How bad is it? :S  (Read 2122 times)

Offline TYD93

I would like opinions on how bad it is, thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to gynecomastia.org!  You will find many friends on the forum and will get some very well-meaning advice as well.

You have very mild gynecomastia and puffy nipple deformities.

If you have had this for a long time, your options are:

1) live with it
2) disguise it by wearing a compression garment to provide a better shape
3) consider surgery to correct it permanently

If you opt for #3, then best advice is to take your time, do plenty of research and find an experienced gyne plastic surgeon.  Visit several surgeons, evaluate them and choose the one in whom you feel most comfortable and confident. The best chance for a terrific result is with the first operation -- make it a good one!

One bit of advice:  you should absolutely not base your decision on fee alone.  The fee, while important, should be the least of your considerations. Remember, you will enjoy and appreciate the results of your procedure for the rest of your life -- and long after the fee is forgotten.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I would like opinions on how bad it is, thank you

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia is a subtle form of male breast growth that can ruin the male chest contour. How bad it is is a common question many have asked here on this forum. Have you considered using our forum search tools:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?action=search

Put in to the search terms

Rate My Gynecomastia

check off the box show as messages

and you will see many who have asked similar questions and many answers.

Rating gynecomastia is like rating female breasts. What are common factors for women with an A cup size breast, D cup size breast, pubescent breast?  They are all breasts. On a male, if it does not let the pectoral muscle shape show through, it just does not say male. This deformity can range from the subtle form (pubescent equivalent) Puffy Nipples in Men to massive breasts with fold and dependent tissue.  What really counts is how much the contour problem bothers the individual.

And if you are considering Body Shaping Garments, I have published a resource demonstrating just how effective the ones we found best can be with contouring various types of gynecomastia. It is an option each of my patients can try on in our office to see for themselves what the garments offer. Unfortunately, not all garments have the same degree of effectiveness. That is why, just like with surgery, you want to check what that garment actually offers before spending your money.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline mooninite

• Posting Member
they're big puffy nipples, which is much easier to live with than a boob sticking out.  yeah, it's not ideal but for ppl on this site it isn't all that bad or better than what they got.  most people wouldn't really care; we focus in on things we don't like and turn them into something worse than it is.  if you are self-conscious to the point that you feel it lowers your quality of living, then think about the surgery and it's cost/benefits.

compared to most cases, it isn't that bad

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024