Author Topic: Opinions Before I Waste A Dr.'s Time  (Read 2251 times)

Offline hal11

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my post and look at my pictures.  Quick bio: 25 yo, 6'3" 170 lb, 32" waist.  I lost ~95 lbs several years ago and have maintained roughly the same weight since.  I believe I am 13-17% body fat and have been as low as 162 lbs without any real improvement in my chest.  I have almost always had somewhat puffy nipples.  A few years back, out of the blue, I had extremely painful and tender nipples for a week that went away on it's own.  I was born with an undescended testicle and had surgery to correct it when I was around 5 years old.  I am quite embarrassed about how my chest looks, to the point I wear baggy shirts, hunch over a bit to hide the protrusions and avoid situations where I would need to take my shirt off.  

I do not want to take up a Doctor's time if this is just simply more fat I need to lose, or the lack of muscle mass or even excess skin.  I took several pictures.  Front and side shots, flexed and relaxed.  Thank you, again for taking a look and giving me your opinion on the matter.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are in great shape -- and no further weight loss would improve your chest.

Yes, you have mild gyne and mild puffy nipples -- probably all the breast tissue that you had when you were heavier is now condensed since much of the fat is gone.

If this bothers you, then surgery would be the best permanent alternative.  If you want a nice shape, then consider wearing a compression garment under your shirt.  And if it doesn't bother you, then relax and enjoy your life.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with Dr. Jacobs.  Your case is a mild one, but it appears that you do have something there.  A lot of gyne guys on this forum get a little testy when surgery is recommended for a case as mild as yours.  But if there is breast tissue there causing the protrusion, it's not going away without surgery.  You just have to decide how much it bothers you.  Your nipple areola diameter will probably decrease with removal of the tissue.  Long way of saying, No, I don't think you'd be wasting a doctor's time.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
you're not wasting their time, it's business for them; most of them charge you for consultation anyway.
based on my readings, if you choose to go down the path or surgery, it won't be an extensive one as you don't seem to need lipo. i think it can even be done under local. consult a well-know gyne surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024