Author Topic: PLEASE PLEASE respond......I just want a Opinion before i see doctor  (Read 4256 times)

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
Hi I am 17 years old and a senior in high school  i have man boobs, they appeared when i was in 8th grade.....Mines are soft, no irritation or itchiness or milk coming out nothing like that my nipples look puffy sometimes and then sometimes they get hard....only when i am not wearing a shirt can you tell i have them in most cases but some shirts do revel i have them...I did notice that when i did workout they seemed to have gotten smaller a bit but not by a lot. I am 5'10 or 5'11.....I weigh 184 pounds...i Just really want a honest opinion if you think its fat or gynecomastia please look at the picture and post a reply :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes.

You asked if it was Gynecomastia or fat. Most often there is some threads of glandular tissue threaded through a mound of fat. Neither just one or the other but a combination of both.
Grandpa Dan

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
so if you think i have it i had an additional question should i loose weight before? I heard if you start loosing weight your man boobs mite get smaller but not completely go away is this true?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You're only 17 and a good bit overweight.  It would be better for you to start working out and lose all of the extra weight than to consider any type of surgery.

Good luck-

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
Ok i will try that and hopefully that works.......Thank you for your opinion

Offline Justin13

Hey, i just went through this rough ordeal with having to deal with gynecomastia (man boobs) for years! I finally said enough is enough and went to see a doctor! He said it was for sure gynecomastia! I am about the same age/weight as you and i looked similar to your pictures now! I went to see a great plastic surgeon, we scheduled and went ahead and did the surgery about 2 weeks ago and here i am now happy as can be with no more gynecomastia! It defiantly would benefit you to go see a doctor because it can all be fixed and i know how hard it is to go through high school especially with a problem like this!! Hope this helps and feel free to message me with any questions you may have!

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
i would loose 20ish lbs before even seeing a doctor. you will be amazed how you're gonna look like with out those extra lbs.

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
how extreme or severe is my case out of 10....10 being most severe and 1 being not so much and with that rating please tell me if i should b worried or not

Offline Kvalhion

• Posting Member
What do you mean by worried?  Its a benign condition so you are not going to have health issues because of it.  Are you worried because it wont go away on its own?   That's the reality of gyno.. even if you lose weight and work out, if there is gland tissue it will still be there.

Some things I would recommend:

-- Get a compression shirt or vest if you are uncomfortable wearing regular shirts.
-- Work to lose extra weight by restricting sugar and processed junk foods.    Stick to eating protein (fish, eggs, chicken, turkey, beef, bacon, etc) with a lot of vegetables (fresh, steamed, etc) and healthy fat sources like nuts and coconut oil.   Stay active but don't kill yourself with exercise.  You'll be pretty amazed at how quickly you'll lose weight by eliminating wheat, rice, potatoes, pasta, etc.
-- Talk to your parents about it.  It's not worth hiding or feeling uncomfortable about.  It's just the way it is.
-- Plan ahead now for options for surgery.  The last thing you want is something that you'll have to live with for years and years when you could take care of it now.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing :)

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
ok i will try those suggestions but do u think the case of gyno i have is an extreme case or a minor case

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
also if i lost like 30 pounds will that make my chest seem flatter even a slightest  bit?

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
also if i lost like 30 pounds will that make my chest seem flatter even a slightest  bit?

Yes, you would lose some mass on your chest, but probably not enough to make the issue disappear. But it may be enough to help you feel better about yourself/body image.

Offline WorriedKID

• Posting Member
Thanks guys for all your information i really really appreciate it ....but one more thing i was a bit worried about is how severe do u think this case is? and please continue to offer advice,suggestions,comments, and even keep posting and commenting on wether loosing weight will reudce the size some what and plz plz reply on how severe my case is out of 10

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024