Author Topic: freaking out !  (Read 2778 times)

Offline randomlygothere23

hello every one i'am a 20 yrs old male iam overweight and been so for long time i have very big man breast but i didnt know the term gynecomastia till today and i freaked out ! i always thought that it had to do with me overweight then i discoverd its not and even if i lose weight it can still be there now iam afraid to loose weight because being over weight takes off attention from big breast also i discoverd that my overweight body tybe is not very common as i found on google that my body shape is a pear type does beign pear has link to gynecomastia ? are both connected to hormones ? does this affect growth of my thingy ? what is the normal size ? iam really freaking out and iam thankful to find this site please help me ! ??? :(

this is the pic of my problem here !  p.s: my hands are raised

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
I'm sorry to have to advise you in this way, but yes, you do have a true case of gynecomastia. This is not just a case of larger than average but normal nipples like the young man from Finland. This is the real thing.  It could be that your breasts grew from an oversupply of estrogen, which often happens with overweight young men. You might want surgery at some point, but before that happens, you could go on a program to slim down, and build lean muscle, which will increase the testosterone in your body. This could lead to some reduction in the breast tissue, although the nipples themselves might only be treatable with surgery. On the other hand, I have seen large nipples go down in size as a result of heavy military-type calisthenics for at least 18 months, 5 days a week. I think there is hope for you if you decide to go on a long-term program of exercise to become the "lean mean machine" - or find the best surgeon you can. Good luck!

Offline anon12345678910

• Posting Member
Hey, I was in the same boat as you. I'm 20 and only recently exceeded my BMI. My case was as severe as yours and I ended up going in for surgery. The fat in that area is not going to 'go away' with exercise, its a different type of fat that's going to be there until you have surgery. I dont want to frighten you but I knew I had it for a few years and I've done a lot of research I'm sure you're doing right now. Pills wont work, exercises wont work, you need surgery. Tell your parents about it and go in for consultation with a plastic surgeon nearby. You can search my previous posts to see pictures of my case. 6'5. 210lbs.

Btw, I first went in to my family doctor and he ordered a mammogram and a blood test to test my hormones. In my case it wasn't linked to hormones as my levels were all normal. It could just be genetic.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Deal with one issue at a time. I think it would be good to start with a trip to the doctor for a complete physical and to get your hormones checked. You would likely want those results to be evaluated by an Endocrinologist.

With the help of a Doctor, you could make a rough plan of action but don't get ahead of yourself.

First deal with the issue of hormones, Then with the issue of weight, Finally think of surgery.

Freaking out along the way is highly upsetting and accomplishes nothing.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024