Author Topic: Dr Jacobbs, Please give your advice  (Read 1498 times)

Offline ihatepropecia

• Posting Member
Please take a look at my picture. Im 1.5 years post op.  I have that retained skin fold under my chest that you mentioned but the slight lax skin is driving me insane! Do I have any options? What are they? As I'm getting more and more cut, Im realizing this little bit of laxed skin isnt tightening. While very slight, its VERY uncomfortable. The results look decent to me but im uncomfortable in my own skin. I need it to feel tight.  Is it at all possible to make a small skin excision in the armpit area to remedy this? It seems to feel the loosest there.  Do you have patients get revision surgeries for minor changes like this? thanks

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/image1pgi.jpg/

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/image2ho.jpg/

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your photos look quite good and you do have a natural fold under your pec muscle where it attaches to your ribs -- I don't see a lot of loose skin.  But if you feel there is some loose skin there, then try to do some decline chest presses to bulk up the lower half of your pec.  The added muscle bulk may take up some of the slack skin -- but it will make the point of attachment of your lower pec to the ribs much more defined.

Yes, in some cases, when there is lax skin between the nipple and the fold, I will remove some skin in that area -- this will leave a scar.  You then have to decide whether the scar is preferable to the lax skin.  In your case, with a nice looking chest, I would be loathe to put a visible scar on your chest.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline ihatepropecia

• Posting Member
thanks for the prompt reply. Do you have any thoughts regarding the feeling of looseness in my armpit area? Is this a hallmark of lax skin post op or is it more likely to be fat? thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Just can 't offer an opinion on that, sorry.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024