Author Topic: Idiopathic Gynecomastia  (Read 2850 times)

Offline mattb

Bit of background.....

My gynecomastia first came on when i was 21. What caused this i do not know. I remember that at that time i was drinking more than at any other time in my life, whether or not this influenced its appearance i can only guess! Other potential triggers i can think of are that i was taking oxytetracycline, indeed i still am for acne problems. But had taken that since i was 16.

In recent times i have curbed my drinking significantly, and halved my dose of oxytetracycline. I have true one sided gyne and it is always tender.

I have in the last few years also suffered from mild depression/anxiety, i have heard this can be caused by low testosterone? Would it be worth my while having my levels tested?

Now i have read on this forum and other places that the majority of gyne cases are in fact Idiopathic in that there is no known cause. I am very seriously considering surgery but the risk of it coming back scares me. If the cause is not known, how does removing what glandular tissue is there (leaving a tiny amount remaining) prevent the gyne from simply commencing growing again after the surgery?

If any doctor could shed some light on this/give me any thoughts on my case in general i would be most grateful.

So many questions, there really does not seem any certain answers with this dreaded condition!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024