Author Topic: Some advice please? - links to pics  (Read 2407 times)

Offline whenwillthisend

Hey all...

Long time lurker...1st post!

My story goes back a while...around 10 years ago, I had gyne op on both my 'breasts' - with gland and lipo.

The op had a few problems, with my left pec getting an heamotoba(sp)which meant another op and which caused an indent in my left pec.

Fast forward 10 years and I'm back. My right pec is bigger then my left and i need advice.

Basically I have scar tissue and fat remaining in the right. To me this asymmetry is very noticeable and im considering another op. I've attached photos for your input.

Another issue is that my rib just below the right pec sticks out further then on the left, causing the whole pec to stick out more, therefore I'm unsure about how much difference another op will make. I also have large pec muscles (for someone who doesn't work out) and therefore would never be 'flat' chested.

In terms of impact on my life - i had had many relationships and been fine about getting intimate, i got to the gym and shower etc with my top off. But I am always conscious of it and often find myself subconsciously raising my right arm above my head to even it out. When i go topless at the beach i normally hang a t-shirt over the right pec.

My left indent and scar does get more looks from people but I brush that off. My problem is that neither of my pecs are normal - one is indented and one sticks out!

Any advice would be appreciated...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your pix truly do not reveal what you have described.  For some guys, even a minor contour irregularity becomes an unimaginable focus for discontent.  Your imagination may run wild and you may think that everyone is staring at you and particularly at your chest.

All of us humans have physical defects -- some major and some very minor.  Virtually none of us is a mirror-image symmetrical body.  Just study your face sometime and compare right to left carefully and you will note subtle asymmetries -- the same goes for your chest and the rest of your body.

All that being said, if you do have some contour problems, perhaps a visit to a surgeon who is experienced in revision gyne surgery can shed some light on what can or cannot be done. Somes revision surgery can accomplish wonderful things -- and sometimes only an improvement.  One can use fat flaps or fat grafts.  And if one pec is larger than the other, sometimes fat grafting into the smaller pec muscle itself can enlarge it somewhat.  If there are asymmetries of the rib cage, however, it is difficult to disguise it.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Dr. Jacobs comments take me back a bit.

My Mother was an artist and a teacher. There was one man, a friend of the family, Mom drew his face over and over. She painted portraits in a variety of media. The reason was that he was a real challenge. Going over many photographs, his face certainly seemed to be perfectly symmetrical. Should I add one more truth? He was quite probably the most homely man I have ever known.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024