Author Topic: I need advice on treatment  (Read 8056 times)

Offline gymfreak

• Posting Member
i need some help, ive taken methodrol =for years and realsied my nipples started getting sore, ignored it carried on pill popping then one day it hit me that my nipples shouldnt be sore and started to look different, i came straight off the pills, a year later and im left with whast only can be described as udder like nipples, i cant wear t shirts in public, or take my top off infront of anyone!i train an hour every day in the gym and have never been over weight, allways been in shape. I am twenty years of age and to be totally honest i will not live another year with these horrific things on my chest, if surgery is the only option could someone please tell me how much about i will have to pay, i showed my gp an she didnt see it as urgent! is there anything i can do as a temporary solution, got a holiday son which im dreading!!!!!!!! please someone help me before its too late.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It sounds as if surgery would be helpful to you.

Why don't you post some photos??

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
Not sure where you live gymfreak, but in Canada the surgical procedure I had was covered under our Provincial Health plan. But even if it costs a lot where you are I would beg, borrow or steal to have the surgery. I spent decades with low self-esteem and no confidence. You have many years ahead. Get the surgery now if needed to save the psychological trauma this may cause you. My 2 cents.

Offline gymfreak

• Posting Member
im from the uk so it could be possible for me to have it on the nhs.. anyone have any ideas how lomg id have to wait to have the surgery? i dont mind paying for the surgery if it will be a quicker process just wat them gone now! qill post pics up tomo..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are many readers and contributors in the UK. Be patient and someone is sure to respond that can answer your questions.
Grandpa Dan

Offline rho

• Posting Member
Hello, I did go and see my GP initially but to be honest he basically said he wouldn't refer me for it. Interesting to note that my surgeon says he still performs the operation on the NHS and that maybe I should have kept pestering the GP. Not my style, It was embarrassing enough the first time, forget going back time and time again!
I paid private and from my initial consultation to op date was 3 weeks!

He was and continues to be very good and supportive.
Thanks
R from UK!

Offline gymfreak

• Posting Member
Ive been to go private in a near by surgery and at the consultaion they told me they could not operate as its too risky? puffs! anyone know or have had succesfull surgery in the uk and how much they paid? thanks for the comments guys appreciate it

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
All surgery has risks -- obviously.  But surgery for puffy nipples is done all the time -- your surgeon was just scared or felt inadequate to do it.  Look for a more experienced surgeon.

If you go to my website (captioned below), look at the photo gallery and you will see an entire section of before and after photos of puffy nipples of all types -- proof positive that something can be done -- safely.

Good luck!!

Dr Jacobs

Offline TigerPaws

i need some help, ive taken methodrol =for years and realsied my nipples started getting sore, ignored it carried on pill popping then one day it hit me that my nipples shouldnt be sore and started to look different, i came straight off the pills, a year later and im left with whast only can be described as udder like nipples, i cant wear t shirts in public, or take my top off infront of anyone!i train an hour every day in the gym and have never been over weight, allways been in shape. I am twenty years of age and to be totally honest i will not live another year with these horrific things on my chest, if surgery is the only option could someone please tell me how much about i will have to pay, i showed my gp an she didnt see it as urgent! is there anything i can do as a temporary solution, got a holiday son which im dreading!!!!!!!! please someone help me before its too late.
gymfreak get a grip on yourself, your problem is in-between your ears not in the mirror. You are who you are, no one can "make" you feel embarrassed about yourself except you. Just for a moment consider the plight of a 19 year old man who was seriously injured by an enemy land mine, he had his right leg blown off, half of his right arm and part of his face. He lived and went on with his life starting a successful business, marrying a very lovely lady and fathering 3 children.

Gynecomastia? Puffy nipples? Come on son pull yourself together and get on with your life.

hammer

I always say, if you can put those "itti bitty tittis" in prospective, they will be nothing more then a hang nail!

Well done, TigerPaws!

Offline TigerPaws

I always say, if you can put those "itti bitty tittis" in prospective, they will be nothing more then a hang nail!

Well done, TigerPaws!
Thank you hammer, far too many of these young men have never known real adversity or experienced true hardship and pain. Hopefully my rantings will allow some of these boys and men to step back and reevaluate their true "condition" in the light of what all too many others endure every single day of their lives.

Surgery in some cases is warranted but like breast enhancement (implants) many women hope to improve their "self image" they soon learn a painful and expensive lesson.

Definition of Hope: "Hope is what you have left when all else is lost."

hammer

Yep! I agree! I feel that both my knee replacements and back surgeries were needed! However, I can live with breast!

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
If gynecomastia means nothing to you and doesn't affect your life in any way then why are you actively using this website? I understand there are far worse things in this world that do indeed minimize the presence of gynecomastia. However, I'm not going to strap a grenade to my leg to make gynecomastia seem nonexistent. Alot of you guys that have recently taken a liking to preaching acceptance are older, have careers, families, and maybe are even retired. Us young guys have all that to obtain yet in our lives. Does it really rub you so wrong that we seek the confidence to make all that happen? For me personally, it has had a serious effect on my confidence as well as social skills. You said yourself its all in between the ears and I think that's truly what all of us seek who are pursuing surgery. I'm not trying to look like I just walked off a Hollywood set, I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I hate to sound naive and say its different when you're 19, but you were 19 at one time too.

Anyway, I understand outside opinions are important, but its completely up to the individual as to which road to take. You don't have a physically severe case, and neither do I. But as everyone says, the true damage is psychological, so unless you have the ability to see into our minds, I suggest you limit your diagnosis to your own personal experience. I always found this forum to be supportive of people, their conditions, and their personal decisions. It just bothers me a bit to see people suddenly imposing their opinions upon others in order to influence a decision.

Offline TigerPaws

If gynecomastia means nothing to you and doesn't affect your life in any way then why are you actively using this website? I understand there are far worse things in this world that do indeed minimize the presence of gynecomastia. However, I'm not going to strap a grenade to my leg to make gynecomastia seem nonexistent. Alot of you guys that have recently taken a liking to preaching acceptance are older, have careers, families, and maybe are even retired. Us young guys have all that to obtain yet in our lives. Does it really rub you so wrong that we seek the confidence to make all that happen? For me personally, it has had a serious effect on my confidence as well as social skills. You said yourself its all in between the ears and I think that's truly what all of us seek who are pursuing surgery. I'm not trying to look like I just walked off a Hollywood set, I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I hate to sound naive and say its different when you're 19, but you were 19 at one time too.

Anyway, I understand outside opinions are important, but its completely up to the individual as to which road to take. You don't have a physically severe case, and neither do I. But as everyone says, the true damage is psychological, so unless you have the ability to see into our minds, I suggest you limit your diagnosis to your own personal experience. I always found this forum to be supportive of people, their conditions, and their personal decisions. It just bothers me a bit to see people suddenly imposing their opinions upon others in order to influence a decision.

A small suggestion, you might consider something other than a cut and paste response. I seems a bit tacky.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
I moved it from the other thread. It seemed more suited to this one. Yes, I cut and pasted it. Not really seeing the significance of that?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024