Author Topic: Will surgery help?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline abcdlr

• Posting Member
I attached a better picture of my chest, as the previous ones that I have posted weren't the best at depicting my problem.  Any advice?  Is surgery my only option?  If there are any doctors reading this, how normal do you think my chest could look with surgery?  Thanks everyone - any advice is appreciated.

Offline herro

• Posting Member
Looks like you do have gyne, and you also seems like a fairly good candidate for surgery based on what seems to be a slimmer build.

From before/after pictures, people with cases similar to yours usually see 100% improvement, so there's really nothing to worry about. It doesn't look like you would need any skin removal or anything beyond a typical gland excision/lipo, so I would seriously consider surgery if you are planning to.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Looks like you have a pretty typical case of gynecomastia.  I don't know your age, but if you're young (appear to be) your skin should contract well after lipo and direct excision of tissue.  Your nipple/areola complex diameter should decrease some as well.  You have some laxity of your skin.  Building up pec muscle bulk will help your appearance after the surgery. Try to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.
Good luck-

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024