Author Topic: Puffy nipples pictures  (Read 5133 times)

Offline dartguy

• Posting Member
Hello. I am 18 years old, and I have had puffy nipples since 14-15 when I started puberty. The doctors told me it would go away but it's only gotten worse, though the sensitivity is gone. I have been weight training but it's beginning to make them more pronounced.

I am training with a pre-professional ballet company and my nipples stick out 1.5 inches through the white shirts we wear for class and look terrible. In the future it can hurt me in auditions and casting because of aesthetics and first impressions.

Please check the pictures and tell me whether surgery is necessary for this or if I should wait it out, or there are natural alternatives for removal. Hiding is impossible considering my current career choice.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:57:37 PM by dartguy »

Offline dartguy

• Posting Member

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Same puffy nips as me. You sir, need surgery to get rid of it.

Offline cherouvim13

• Posting Member
i could live with your chest.its well shaped.Do the operation only if you feel bad when you take off your shirt at the beach or gym.

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Also, do you have hard tissue behind your areolas or is it soft fatty tissue?

Offline dartguy

• Posting Member
i could live with your chest.its well shaped.Do the operation only if you feel bad when you take off your shirt at the beach or gym.
It's well shaped because I work out the chest a lot to try and cover the puffiness. The problem isn't even when I take my shirt off necessarily, but that they are always sticking out noticeably through my clothes, especially the clothes we wear for dance. Maybe I need a second opinion. Do you think it distracts from the muscle in the chest?

Also, do you have hard tissue behind your areolas or is it soft fatty tissue?

It seems to be hard football shaped tissue. It does slide around a bit, but feels completely different than the fat around the sides of my waist. If it were fat there I think it would have gone away. The appearance of my chest has changed drastically over the last year and a half or so but the puffiness and the protrusion of the nipple remains unchanged. I wish it were fat, believe me, eventually I would be able to get rid of it on my own if that were the case.

Offline cherouvim13

• Posting Member
tight clothes is a problem for sure.use a vest if possible.if you have the money go for the surgery in order to feel better.I believe that your chest is ok though.

Offline dartguy

• Posting Member
tight clothes is a problem for sure.use a vest if possible.if you have the money go for the surgery in order to feel better.I believe that your chest is ok though.

Alright thanks bud

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This is classic gynecomastia, although a relatively mild case.  I understand it's not mild if it's affecting you.  But it's easily corrected with surgery.  If you've had this since age 14 or so, it's most likely not going away without surgery.

You should do well with excision of the glandular tissue.  As slim as you are, you may not need liposuction, although many surgeons use lipo for skin contouring after excision of tissue.  Try to find a plastic surgeon in your area.

Good luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline dartguy

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=25426.msg167267#msg167267 date=1336105806]
This is classic gynecomastia, although a relatively mild case.  I understand it's not mild if it's affecting you.  But it's easily corrected with surgery.  If you've had this since age 14 or so, it's most likely not going away without surgery.

You should do well with excision of the glandular tissue.  As slim as you are, you may not need liposuction, although many surgeons use lipo for skin contouring after excision of tissue.  Try to find a plastic surgeon in your area.

Good luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

Thank you very much

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024