Author Topic: Am I really crazy?!  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
My girlfriend and friends tell me I am crazy and says I look normal. But my gyne really bothers me, I'm not comfortable showing myself without a shirt (except for my girlfriend), and I hate tight t-shirts that shows my gynecomastia...

I have more or less decided to get it done by plastic surgeon. Because I want to be comfortable in my own body and I'm not sure I can be without surgery. I am tired of always be on a diet and I really shouldn't have to be when I weigh 78 kg, 189 cm (normal weight).

The gyne is a little worse on the left side.

Am I crazy for wanting to get this expensive surgery done, and can the results be good for me with relatively mild gyne?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:32:35 AM by Supersonic123 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No, you are not crazy.  You are young, slender and do have a very mild case of gyne.  Some guys opt to live with it and it doesn't bother them.  Others will seek treatment.  There is no right answer for everyone -- only you can decide if it is important enough to you to seek help.  Remember, you can achieve a better contour by wearing a snug compression garment -- but unfortunately, there will be times and places where that just will not work.

If you do decide to pursue a surgical option, suggest you do your homework very carefully.  Visit several plastic surgeons and ask to see an extensive collection of before and after gyne photos.  It is best to choose a surgeon who has sufficient interest and extensive experience specifically in gyne surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
'my gyne really bothers me' - I think that's all you need to know!

If it's bothering you so much and surgery is the only way to deal with it, then it would seem like a reasonable option, and I dont think anyone could blame you for seeking a solution to something that really bothers you.

Anyway, good luck with whatever your decision.

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Thanks for replies! Would surly be great getting rid of this damn thing. But I am worried that the results would be worse after surgery since I have relatively mid case of gyne. I had the option of getting the gland removed for free by a surgeon connected to the Swedish health care (which is part of the welfare in Sweden) but he won't do any lipo and I believe removal of glad + lipo would give the best results. And I also want to be asleep for the surgery and the free surgery was not with anesthesia...

Anyone out there with mild gyne who had good results after surgery? Is it worth the risk + a lot of money?

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
150 views, two replies. Jesus...

Anyone know if I have to loose some weight before surgery for best results even though I'm normal weight?

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
No need to lose weight you are skinny. You need surgery

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
very mild case of gyne. I'd definitely learn to live with it and NOT have a surgery! you honestly look fine topless. the only issue is you zoom in on your chest but if you overcome this just look at your entire upper body including chest, you will see - yeah kinda normal.. no surgery pls. very mild - it's nothing

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
very mild case of gyne. I'd definitely learn to live with it and NOT have a surgery! you honestly look fine topless. the only issue is you zoom in on your chest but if you overcome this just look at your entire upper body including chest, you will see - yeah kinda normal.. no surgery pls. very mild - it's nothing

Thanks for comment, but its not that mild of a case... I do look weird without shirt and far from normal. Will definitely do surgery later this year, cant live with this thing anymore. It has almost destroyed my will to live. And i do have a good life except gor this fucking thing that makesme hate my body...

hammer

Thanks for comment, but its not that mild of a case... I do look weird without shirt and far from normal. Will definitely do surgery later this year, cant live with this thing anymore. It has almost destroyed my will to live. And i do have a good life except gor this fucking thing that makesme hate my body...

Talk about being in denial!

Yes, it is a very mild case! You need to look around at other pictures that are posted so you can put your mind at ease! There are people on the forum that have paid thousands of dollars to get their chest to look as yours does with out any work.

I hope the you find a way to look at yourself in a different way, as this is not healthy!

Offline art

• Posting Member

Yes, it is a very mild case! You need to look around at other pictures that are posted so you can put your mind at ease! There are people on the forum that have paid thousands of dollars to get their chest to look as yours does with out any work.

I hope the you find a way to look at yourself in a different way, as this is not healthy!

If this gentleman doesn't like the way his chest looks, then seeking help from an experienced surgeon is definitely healthy.  From the pictures he has a very mild case, and it obviously bothers him enough to seek help here.  Instead of telling him that his behavior is not healthy, we need to provide support.

I'd suggest going to several experienced surgeons.  They can examine you, give you their opinions, and then you can weigh the costs vs the benefits.

There are men on this site that have severe gyno and are fine with it.  There are cases like this that are very mild, but troubling to the individual.  We shouldn't judge either of these.

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member

If this gentleman doesn't like the way his chest looks, then seeking help from an experienced surgeon is definitely healthy.  From the pictures he has a very mild case, and it obviously bothers him enough to seek help here.  Instead of telling him that his behavior is not healthy, we need to provide support.

I'd suggest going to several experienced surgeons.  They can examine you, give you their opinions, and then you can weigh the costs vs the benefits.

There are men on this site that have severe gyno and are fine with it.  There are cases like this that are very mild, but troubling to the individual.  We shouldn't judge either of these.

Well said. Thanks for the support!

Offline thetodd

The truth is ive spoke to hundreds of lads that have had surgery on mild cases, and its been life changing for them (as for me). I can see why people dont want to have surgery, its an operation things can/and do go wrong its their body. But i think this surgery is at a point where its affordable to most people and relatively safe. Personally i think its something to celebrate not demonize.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024