Author Topic: I never thought I would do this but here goes- Tell Me What You Think Plz  (Read 2509 times)

Offline anoroc

• Posting Member
I'm 45 year old stocky build 5.5feet tall and currently weigh 219 pounds.  I know I am too heavy.  Most winters I put on 25 pounds than drop it again in the summer. I am working to get back to 185-190 by mid Summer and hope to continue weight loss after that.

I workout six days per week of intense cardio kickboxing and cardio Resistance training.  I just started to add heavy weights.  I also do some jogging outstide and on treadmill.

I have had this all my life and it pretty much ruined my posture all of my teen years and through my 30's.

Take a look at these pics and let me know what you think.  Sometimes I wonder if I could drop down to 165 or so if that would go away.  I don't think so but I often wonder..and 165 seems so unnatural to me.

Thanks for your help.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This could all purely be weight-related.  You'll certainly have a smaller chest if you get close to your ideal body weight.  Too bad you gain and lose every year.  If you could break that cycle you'd obviously be in better shape health-wise as well.  Don't mean to preach here-sorry. But your chest problem may be correctable without surgery.  At your age, this could all be fat rather than breast tissue/fat combination.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously, if you have been down to 185-190, then you can probably do it again.  The aim, though, is to make it permanent.  That means a change in life style, including watching what you eat and incorporating a steady and routine diet of exercise.

Many overweight guys soon become discouraged because of their chest and then abandon the new routine.  Ultimately, I believe you will need surgery for your chest if you want it trim and taut.  But best to do it when you are at your lowest possible stable weight.  Getting down to 165 would be great -- but are you realistic in aiming that low?

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Hello,
you have only a mild case of gyne left side a bit worse than right.
do not lift weights, no surgery needed!
what you need to do is
- cardio - jog/bike will reduce fat and lose weight
- pushups - will tone/flatten chest

after that and reaching 175pound you will still have gyne but really mild hence I'd learn to be happy with it. at 45 at least 1 in three will be like you or worse!!! .. when you reach 175.
Sincerely,
N.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024