Author Topic: Do I need liposuction as well?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline skelly26259

• Posting Member
Ok I want to know would I get good results with just an excision around the nipple and no liposuction. I have emailed the pictures off to the surgeon and waiting on a reply. The reason I dont want liposuction is because I have seen after surgery pictures and the incisions are on the front on the chest. I think this might be for 'fatty' gyno tho. In my case do they use the incision where they make the excision?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have puffy nipples as well as additional excess tissue on your chest.

If you were my patient, I would perform both lipo and excision.  However, you should discuss this with your own surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Dr. Jacobs--a combination of liposuction and direct excision would be my treatment of choice as well.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I typically perform liposuction in 99% of the cases I see.The lipo smooths the transition from the resection into the surrounding tissue. The incision I utilize is not in the middle of the chest,but rather along the tendon for the Pectoralis Major virtually in the armpit.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline skelly26259

• Posting Member
Thanks guys the surgeon was saying they where going to make their incision for the lipo on the front of my chest and I don't want this. I know other surgeons do this threw an incision in the armpit.  

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Surgeons make incisions where they feel most comfortable to be able to perform the surgery.  True, various surgeons use different locations -- all of the locations are acceptable.

You should ask your surgeon if he could modify his technique to use an incision on the side of the chest or the armpit.  If he is unwilling to do so, then it comes to your choice of accepting it or choosing another surgeon.
Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline skelly26259

• Posting Member
Ok I have sent the surgeon an email asking him could he modify his technique to use an incision on the armpit for the liposuction. Should I be worried tho that this technique could be new to the surgeon?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I wouldn't insist that the surgeon do the procedure in a way that is not normal for him, presuming he gets good results with the technique he uses.  You should ask to see photos that include the scars he's proposing, and make your choice based on the surgeon and results rather than a specific incision choice.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024