Author Topic: 7 week post op worries  (Read 1870 times)

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
So i just had my 7 week post op with my doc. He seemed to be perplexed and worried that I had firmness behind my areol still that causes some protrusion. I assumed that at 7 weeks scar tissue in this are was normal.It doesnt feel at all like the firm gland before, this is a firm disk directly filling the operated area, i can feel it from 3 dimensions. He seemed disappointed in the results, where as I understand that it takes time (the creases are almost gone, it took 6 weeks, but this takes time as I understand) So he said to keep massaging and in 8 weeks we can consider going in to remove the hard tissue. This seems to be jumping the gun to me, thats only 4 months after the op...this is the first time ive been worried about doctor selection since my op. When is it timeline wise, for me to seek a consultation from a second doctor.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
No need to rush anything.  See how things are at six months.  You may require additional excision, and your surgeon may be thinking that he under-resected, and is therefore willing to do something sooner rather than later.  But generally, I won't consider something like this for 9 months to a year post-op.

RS
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery