Author Topic: 8 weeks post op... A few questions/concerns  (Read 1738 times)

Offline notweakwilled

• Posting Member
Hi doctors,

Currently 8 weeks post op...

I'm still experiencing some pain and I also have more of a lump on one side than the other. I'm not sure if this is just swelling or a more serious problem?

My biggest concern though - is the redness and pain associated with it near the incision marks. I still have dissolvable stitches that haven't really dissolved fully and I also have a bit of an opening where the incision was - it's almost like the skin didn't full heal where it was supposed to meet. I'm pretty weird about blood and have a hard time cleaning these areas so I really hope I didn't cause an infection. Does this look infected? Is it normal to be having pain in these areas? Why is the area red - and why hasn't it fully patched up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Some swelling, including asymmetric mild swelling, and even mild pain is not abnormal at 8 weeks, though severe pain is uncommon.  Your incision should be closed, however, and by now, typically dissolvable stitches should have dissolved.  You should see your surgeon, so that he can be sure the wound is healing normally.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery