Author Topic: I'm 2 weeks and 1 day post op now. I have some questions.  (Read 2415 times)

Offline mrshyguy

• Posting Member
It is normal that the outside of areola is hard and some soft? Also it is normal that my right areola is smaller than left areola? It will become same after a weeks?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Without knowing what your situation was before your surgery, and without knowing what was done during the operation, it's impossible to answer your questions. You might want to speak with your surgeon.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline mrshyguy

• Posting Member
Sorry Dr. Silverman, I had gland excision because of mild case of gynecomastia. I will post a pictures if needed.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Pictures might be helpful to clarify your situation.  You would need to post pre- and post-op photos to demonstrate how things looked before the surgery.  Unless skin was removed, areolar size should be the same, and if one side looks larger, it may be because of hematoma or seroma, or because there's still excess tissue behind the larger side.  Again, these are things that your surgeon can better address with a physical exam.

RS

Offline mrshyguy

• Posting Member
Pre-op

Front Chest

Left Chest

Right Chest

Post-op (2 weeks and 5 days)

Front Chest

Left Chest (3 pictures)

Right Chest (2 pictures)

Dr. Silverman these are my pictures and I think the left side is more swelling than right side that's why it has more protruding. I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
The left side has a bit more bruising, so there may be a small hematoma.  You should see your surgeon, and if necessary, he will drain some blood, probably just using a needle, though it may not be possible until the clot has liquified a bit.  It may just be swelling, but a photo is not enough to provide that information.

RS

Offline mrshyguy

• Posting Member
Thank you very much Dr. Silverman! I met my surgeon few hours ago. Then he checked and touch the site of operated. He said it has small hematoma and it still swelling but it will absorb by the body. After that I will come after 1 month 1 week. Today is 2 weeks and 6 days. Tomorrow is my 3rd week! I hope the swelling is subside.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024