Author Topic: Will it go away ?  (Read 1314 times)

Offline guillaumeguit

Hello I am a 18 years old male from Canada and have been sufering from this condition since I was about 14 years old. I have seen my doctor about it a couple of times and he seemed CONVINCED that these will go away... Ive visited a plastic surgeron and he insisted that my case was too minor and that he would fear that the end results could actually turn out a lot worse than what im stuck with at the moment ! My self esteem and confidence suffer A LOT i cant really wear a t shirt without them showing through I really dont know what to do... I seem to have gotten pecs from working out my chest a lot but no luck with my nipples WTF i can feel a gland directly under the nipple and they dont seem to have grown or shrink ??? ! I also eat healthy

my weight is around 140 about 5"9 this cant really be fat right ?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When I was about 12 years old my mother took me to see the family doctor. He said the condition should "go away" after a couple of years.

That was about 1949, it has not changed all that much. Doctors still tell that same thing. Believe it or not, they are right often enough and some boys do get lucky. The generally accepted belief here is that if the condition has not improved in two years it will not likely improve without surgery.

Hope is another matter, Guys hope for the best and consume vast quantities of various herbal remedies in the hope that they will work to reduce the size of their breasts. It does not work of course and the guys have wasted both their money and considerable time.

The question each of us must ask ourselves is: How much impact is this having on my life? Some of us find that we can ignore the condition with success and others are victims to severe emotional stress. If the condition troubles you, then you'll find a way to get the surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline guillaumeguit

The plastic surgeron said he had seen a lot of cases and often his "patients" had beaten their gyne with working out and by the time their hormones had balanced themselves out in the early twenties the problem had subsided. I have been working out a bit for like a year.  Also, I dont know if this has anything to do but I started puberty pretty early (14) put seemed to develop a bit slow I dont have very much facial hair still at 18 some light chest and stomach hair, I feel like my hormones are still balancing

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The pictures are not very good, but the lower view seems to show what is called puffy nipples. Not all cosmetic surgeons do male breast reduction. Doctors often get into a sub-specilty. The response you got does not read like something a surgeon with an interest in Gynecomastia might say.

I think you need another opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024