Author Topic: 2 months post-op  (Read 1869 times)

Offline AMS3434

Hi All,
I am right around 2 months post-op from my lipo/excision surgery.  I know its early in the recovery process but there are a few issues that are very concerning to me.  Let me start out by saying that immediately after the surgery I was extremely happy with the results.  The first time I took my vest off to have a look at my "new" chest I was amazed how flat and great my chest looked.  Even the scars where the incision was done were hardly noticeable at all only a few days out.  A week had passed by and I had my follow-up visit with my surgeon.  By this time bruising, swelling, scar tissue, and all that good stuff was present.  The surgeon told me that the results were better than he expected and that everything looked very positive.  He even told me that I no longer needed to wear my compression vest and that I could start light weight lifting.  Now as I am sitting here my chest looks pretty much as it did before the surgery.  The scar tissue may still be present but its not as hard and lumpy as it once was.  Now it just seems like there is a ton of fluid in there making my chest look like I still have gyno.  I've scheduled an appt with my surgeon but I would appreciate any insight as to what may be going on with me.  Ive tried several times to post pics I took but it keeps saying the file is too large.  I will keep trying to figure out a way to post pics and I appreciate any help!

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
It could be with the way you're healing? I'm not sure, but I had to wear my compression vest for 4-weeks and was told not to do anything strenuous during that time.

Maybe it's fluid? I'm at 2-months and 2-weeks, and although I have tenderness around my nipples and pecs when I press down, along with some tightness in my chest when I stretch my arms out, it doesn't look or feel like I have any fluid in there.

I started back to working out about 3-4 weeks ago, I can't remember, and it does make my chest feel a little sore during and after working out, but I've noticed that I can see the pec outlines now, whereas before, right after surgery it looked flat as a pancake like a boy's chest. But it doesn't look like before and I had a mild-medium case of gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024