Author Topic: A few questions before surgery  (Read 2172 times)

Offline shismerf

I have my first consultation appointment on September 17. How is that gonna go? Does it cost any money for the consultation? Also, I do have health insurance with my job and the lady over the phone submitted my info and called me back saying that my insurance doesn't exclude the procedure which is good. So what do I need to do or say during my consultation that will help my chances of my insurance covering it? Another issue I'm having is my job. I'm on probation at work which means I can't miss any days for 6 months or else I could get fired. The bad thing is that it's labor work so my question is, how many days would I need to request off after my surgery?

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Man, you might as well wait until the six months is over.  You shouldn't move your arms too much the first week at all.  I read labor type jobs should take 2 to 3 weeks off from work.  I had the surgery last week, and even picking up my laptop hurts and makes my chest feel sore.  Plus your energy level will be way down since your body is trying to heal itself.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
You'll have to wait until your probationary period is over because you won't be able to do any labor intensive work.

On the insurance part, that's usually worked out between the doctor and the insurance company. Even though my doctor submitted the paper work to my insurance company, they wanted history and medical reports etc., etc.,  and then they would only pay for excision and not lipo. But I figured on that anyway, so I was more than prepared to pay for it myself.

Usually in the consultation, they'll tell you when you make the appointment, whether or not they charge a fee. If they do, I think most doctors will deduct that fee from your surgery costs.

At the consult, the doctor will examine you and then discuss what you would like to have done and what is possible in your situation. Then they should discuss the costs and the procedures etc., and answer all of your questions at that time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024