Author Topic: 1st Day Post Op  (Read 1787 times)

Offline BigFishHead

• Posting Member
Had my surgery yesterday at Spire Hospital Leeds(UK) with Mr Turton. I had the Bi Lateral Excision (Gland on both sides) removed and an overnight stay as my op was later in the day.

Chest feels great not too much pain. I had drains in overnight and a drip in my hand also a nurse had to take my observations every few hours so didn't get much sleep last night.

Was sick on the way home, prob due to all the drugs and stuff. I had a quick look when we applied my compression vest provided by the hospital...

It looks great! Flat and contoured, better than i imagined. I understand it will swell and I can't see my nipples as the plasters need to stay on, I've got appointment in 2 weeks for a follow up. Pictures to follow.....

Feels unreal as I have been waiting for over 10 years for this!

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
congrats !

I am bricking it, I have a consult in 3 days with a view to surgery the following day ..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Don't become disheartened, The healing process can take some time and there may be swelling etc. That will diminish in time and all will be well.

Congratulations.
Grandpa Dan

Offline BigFishHead

• Posting Member
Thanks Guys,

Good luck with your consult tpuk.
Make sure you get all your questions answered.

Just for your info, my surgery was done with a cut around the nipple base and drains placed to the far sides of my chest under arms, this was to minimize visible scars.

Regards 

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
1 day post op myself now :) hope it all works out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024