Author Topic: How bad is my Gynecomastia? (Do i even have it?) Pictures Involved!!  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Hi i am 17 almost 18 years old, my Chest began with puffy nipples at the age of 10 now i am almost 18 this is how i look. So do i have Gynecomastia? And if i do how bad is it, Minor, Mild, Sever etc..

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
From the photos, it does appear that you have moderate gynecomastia with some skin laxity. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
From the photos, it does appear that you have moderate gynecomastia with some skin laxity. 

Rick Silverman
When you mean skin laxity do you mean that will require skin tightining if I was to do the surgery?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
No, I would think your skin would retract adequately with a properly executed procedure.  (I'm saying that without any knowledge of past weight loss and skin type, all of which will impact the outcome.)

RS

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
No, I would think your skin would retract adequately with a properly executed procedure.  (I'm saying that without any knowledge of past weight loss and skin type, all of which will impact the outcome.)

RS
oh ok, we'll I was 96 kilograms before 3 months ago, now I am 85 so good so far, I want to drop down to 80 KG before thinking of surgery even though I am thinking of it right now.
What kind of anasthetic would be best for my case? Because surgerons in London are pretty much offering local  in consultations, would you think I am a suitable candidate for local only , with sedation or twilight?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Local with sedation works well if that's what the surgeon is accustomed to and he has a good team with whom he works.  Straight local is not a great option for a primary procedure. 

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024