Author Topic: Is there still hope? with pics  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Error404

Hello!

I'm a 16 years old guy that is trying to get rid of gyno/puffy aerola. There's no breast enlargment, only a lump under the nipple making it protrude outwards... I'm willing to try anything natural, i've recently lost body fat from 24% to 16% and going down to a single digit. There has been minimal reduction in the aerola size. I've had it for at least 1 year and half, can't remember really. It does bother me but not enough to take a surgery. Here are the pictures, is there still hope it will go away?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Typically, gynecomastia will resolve within three years from the time of onset if it's going to go away.  If it's been present for longer than three years, it's unlikely that it will go away on its own.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have a small amount of gyne.  I usually wait a minimum of two years to see if it will disappear spontaneously.  Reducing your body fat percent can always help -- but be prepared that the gyne may actually appear more prominent due to the loss of surrounding fatty tissue.

In the meantime, you can help yourself by wearing a snug compression garment to provide you with a better contour.

If you ultimately decide upon surgery, then do your homework and consult an experienced gyne surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Error404

thanks for the answers! Yet another question popped on my mind. Can a puffy nipples gyno expand to full breast gyno? And also, i read that in many cases of puffy nipples the nipple are more sensitive but mine, i don't feel pretty much anything, i know i'm touching it but i feel it barely through the aerola, and my nipple is soft not hard but there is a lumb deep behind it. Is it possible it's just fat under nipple and it would resolve after going to a single digit body fat?

Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The presence of puffy nipples usually occurs with generalized gyne, although frequently the patient will only concentrate on the puffy nipple problem.

As for sensitivity, it can vary between patients.

And feeling for hard tissue is a fool's errand -- it will not tell you anything.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Just based on your photos and history, I would anticipate that your gyno is not fatty--mostly glandular, and it would not decrease with lower body fat.  In fact, it might look more prominent with lower body fat, since the fat is less but the gland remains stable.  If, on the other hand, you're still in the midst of puberty, and your gynecomastia is going to resolve, it will slowly regress over time.  Not much can be said about the sensitivity, other than that it varies from person to person.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024