Author Topic: Do I have gyno?  (Read 3606 times)

Offline labean

Hi everyone.

I used to be a really skinny kid, so I decided to take up bodybuilding. I haven't taken steroids or any other hormones, but every since I started lifting and gaining weight, I noticed that I got some fat around my nipples. I'm currently 17, so it might be due to puberty, fat gain or a combination of both.

If I feel underneath my nipples, I can feel some sort of fat/gland or something. When I touch my nipples, they feel very soft unless they're cold or something. My nipples have started to go a bit downwards and I've noticed that I've developed a bit of fat by the side of my nipples (towards my shoulders). I think I have gyno :-(

Here's are some pics:

What do you think? Do I have gyno? Is it bad? Can it be treated non-surgically? Is fat loss the way to go? Can I use nolvadex or something to treat it permanently? I really don't want to have surgery. I'm only 17, but this brings down my confidence a lot.

By the way, here's a back picture (my back has improved a lot since I started weightlifting, wanted to share my progress :-) )

Thanks for hearing me out.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Yo!

I'm fairly new around here. But it looks like you have some gyno starting. You ask if it is bad.

Do you think it's bad?

I kind of have my own test for that. Basically - get down on the ground and do a push-up. Stay in the plank position and look at your chest. Does it look like you have tiny pointy breasts hanging down? That is what finally made me get mine taken care of. Cuz it's like being on top of a girl, and you look down and it was embarrassing to me.

Here's an example:

Sorry, I can't help with anything else really - others will have more info on if it's treatable at an early stage etc.

Offline xelnaga13

It appears that you have mild gyno/puffy nipples. Can it be treated with out surgery? The short answer is no. Your body fat is already very low, even if you went to 5 percent the gyno related fat and gland would remain. Medication is also not a viable option. Primarily because your endocrine system is still developing until the age of 25. Second, estrogen blocking medication will not treat gyno that is already established.

The good news is your athletic appearance and v shape of set off your mild case of puffy nipples. If I saw you at the pool I wouldnt take note of anything, other than the that youre obviously an athlete. Be confident, it would be a shame if you let this interfere with the fun your youth provides.

Offline labean

Thanks for the reply, guys.

I think I have a mild case of gyno and puffy nipples. I've heard that it goes away naturally in a lot of people once they turn older, is this likely seeing as I'm 17? Thanks in advance...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you have had this same chest for two or more years, then the likelihood that it will disappear spontaneously is very low.  You have nothing to lose, however, if you wish to wait another year or two.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024