Author Topic: revision questions  (Read 2471 times)

Offline BN2230

I had gynecomastia surgery preformed approx. 3 years ago in a clinic in Vancouver. I was unsatisfied with the results, so the preforming surgeon did a second procedure( free of cost ) to fix the 'uneven' appearance. Needless to say, this procedure left me very unhappy as well( cratering...etc ). I did not realize there was such a thing as 'revision surgery'. What is the approximate cost for this? I do not believe it would be anywhere near the extensive procedure as the original operation....but obviously, I could send pictures of my chest.
I do not live in the Toronto area neither....how long does it generally take to book the surgery?
I have emailed Dr. Lista's clinic with questions, but I am just trying to get any help I can.
Thx

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
I might be mistaken - but the second surgery you had WAS revision surgery.

If you look at my story in the STORIES forum - you'll see a similar thing. After I was healing from the first surgery - I asked him to do a little more work - and so a revision surgery was booked. Free of cost - just as yours was.

So it's a good question for the doctors on this forum :

If you now get more surgery done by a new surgeon - is that still considered a revision even though they didn't do the previous surgery - or is it just counted as a new surgery for the new surgeon?

Curious - what are the initials of the doctor you had in Vancouver - curious if it's the same as mine.

Good luck.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you now get more surgery done by a new surgeon - is that still considered a revision even though they didn't do the previous surgery - or is it just counted as a new surgery for the new surgeon?

I guess it is a matter of semantics.  If it were me, I would count any surgery after the primary operation as a revision -- no matter which surgeon is doing the procedure.  Any subsequent surgery must be considered a revision because we are dealing with scar tissue as an added component to the original excess fat and breast tissue.  These operations are, from the beginning, more difficult and less predictable due to the presence of scar tissue.

Therefore, any operation after the first one should be considered a revision.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024