Author Topic: Please advise best course of action. (Already had 1st + follow up on left)  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Cornholio

Hello,

I had surgery for my Gynecomastia in August 2011 and follow up on my left hand side in December 2012. I wanted the same done on my right but the doctor was pretty bad and wasn't interested in doing so.

I need some advice. My right hand pec still looks like it has some gynecomastia, and I can feel a lump left over. There is also what appears to be excess skin that hands pretty loose. (I am trying to get down to around 10 to 12% body fat to see if this'll help things along. I am currently around 19%)

I am not going to worry too much about the left hand side for now, as I only had the second op done on it in December, and I can still feel some scar tissue under the incision. I am hoping this will subside with time.

I have attached pics showing my overall chest, and a close up of the right hand side.

Please could you advise me on the best course of action? What sort of op is needed? What sort of price range (in £ sterling) do you think I'd be looking at? Is there any hope? Can this be fixed?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am desperate to get this fixed, I've had it since puberty and I have absolutely no self confidence and its killing me slowly. :(

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't know what you looked like initially, but to me you still look like you have excess tissue on your chest -- plus some scars and irregular contours on the left nipple area.

Recommend wait a minimum of 6 months from your last operation (to allow for maximum healing) and then consult an expert in gyne surgery to consider another (hopefully the last) revision operation.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024