Author Topic: Surgery March 2013 - Full Before/After Picture Diary  (Read 13022 times)

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Hi Everyone,

I had surgery a little over a week ago and am currently recovering well. I decided before the op to keep daily pictures and a diary to help me during this process, keep me motivated and have it as something to look back on when I was ripped  ;)

...in the couple of days post op I thought it might be a good idea to publish my whole picture diary on-line and share it with others dealing with Gynecomastia. There are some great communities out there which help so much and I think this one is by far the best. I spent hours on here before taking the plunge to have the op.

After looking at the options to publish my picture diary and the number of photos I would want to upload along with a nice daily diary format I decided I wanted to build my own format so (having web building skills)thought what the hell!

Building my own .org web-site only took a few(long)days but I wasn't going anywhere at the time, I had just had my surgery!

I have added a before pic to this post, if you want to see all of my post surgery pictures (over 100 pics) together with my daily recovery diary, they are all published at 'all of the w's' GynecomastiaUK.org

I don't think you can publish hyperlinks on here to prevent advertising for people with scams and stuff which is a good thing...mine is just a diary, no ads nothing like that just a genuine account of my experience...hope it helps you.

All the best!

(Go to www GynecomastiaUK.org for after pictures)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:17:15 PM by gynecomastiauk »

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Wow - after looking at your website - the results are really awesome!

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Thanks McGilli, appreciate you checking out my web-diary.

Thanks for your comment too. It is quite strange having had the surgery, you look for every little imperfection and almost forget how bad it used to be so to hear from somebody else that it is looking good really is something!

I will continue with the diary so check back whenever you are curious how its going.

All the best
Stuart

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Hi mate, cheers for your post on my thread!

Just had a look at your pics and the results are great! I think I am of a very similar body type to you and my gyn looks very similar too... very reassuring to see such great results on someone similar to me!

I too am buzzing to smash the gym this summer. Having gyn really puts you off exercise, and I think the main reason for this is because I haven't been able to confidently wear a t-shirt in about 10 years!

Hope the rest of your recovery runs smoothly and I will post after pics on my thread once I've had the op (25th April). Only thing im concerned about now is that god damn vest from hell you have to wear for 3 weeks after the op!

Offline argentger

Amazing results so far! I have to do the same with the photos!
I was operated on twice and the second time with excision and that was the solution! The progress has been tremenduos! I'll soon post!
Congrats on your progress!

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Hi Bain-of-my-life

Its a good point about Gyn putting you off exercise, I went through a patch thinking whats the point as no matter how much effort I put in I would never get the results I wanted, really looking forward to that thought process going away. Good luck for the 25th, looking forward to seeing your results...you are right to be concerned about the vest, it is (for me) a total nightmare and I cant wait to get rid of it...4 more days then I am down to wearing it 12hours a day. I am going to wear it during the day so I can be free of it in bed.

Thanks for your reply mate and all the best with you surgery!
Stuart.

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Amazing results so far! I have to do the same with the photos!
I was operated on twice and the second time with excision and that was the solution! The progress has been tremenduos! I'll soon post!
Congrats on your progress!

Hi Argentger

Thanks for your post, really good to hear you have tremendous results from your second procedure. I am so far delighted with my results but am keeping realistic as I have read so much about the ups and downs and my chest is changing daily, long may our progress continue!

All the best
Stuart.

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Get some more pics up buddy! Hope all is going well! Two weeks until my surgery tomorrow!

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Get some more pics up buddy! Hope all is going well! Two weeks until my surgery tomorrow!

B-o-m-l ! Hello mate...2 weeks, I bet you cant wait !
Glad you are checking into my website, next pics going up tomorrow...3 weeks post opp. Decided to do them weekly after 2 weeks as even I was getting sick of the sight of my chest. This last week has been quite tough, the sensation is returning to the chest and it feels really uncomfortable, very tender so massaging the scar tissue is tricky. My nips have got the swelling that so many people talk about and I can see why people get down but I am thinking of the long game and also looking back at my pre opp pics which helps. The recovery takes a lot longer than I thought...going to start exercise next week (1 month post opp) as the chest is still really tender.

Good luck mate, best thing you will ever do just be prepared for the recovery and be patient.

All the best
Stuart.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
What's up Stuart? Your results look great. Im 6 days out and I'm not looking forward to the puffy nipple blues. I wanted to ask you if you wore padding inserts under your vest. If so how long? Are you still wearing your vest without the pads if so? Also your diet. Looks like you took well to the surgery. Oh yeah, is that a bottle of Vodka on your lunch tray? LOL

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Do you have any more pre-op pics? That below the chest shot looks exactly like mine?

What doctor did you choose?

Looks great!

Offline thetodd

Great result, but you havent posted who the surgeon is ive spent the last ten minutes looking for clues lol. On one of the pics it looks like the StJohns booklet so my guess is Karidis.

So yeah really good result, great pictures aswell
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
What's up Stuart? Your results look great. Im 6 days out and I'm not looking forward to the puffy nipple blues. I wanted to ask you if you wore padding inserts under your vest. If so how long? Are you still wearing your vest without the pads if so? Also your diet. Looks like you took well to the surgery. Oh yeah, is that a bottle of Vodka on your lunch tray? LOL

Hi Jay, 6 days out, how's it going? All good I hope.

Thanks I am really happy with my results actually, just dealing with the puffy nipples blues as you called it, very appropriate. Not difficult to deal with though as the change is dramatic and I can actually wear whatever I want which is great.. looking forward to the summer. In answer to your questions I have not worn any padding since day one, just band-aids over my nipples for 1 week but that was it...I adapted my vest as it was severely cutting in under my arms so trimmed a bit off which really helped.  I am just being really careful with diet and have dropped about 6 pounds in the 3 weeks post op...I have about 9 pounds to loose to get to my ideal weight so the gym will be visited in the next week or so but my chest is still so tender!! Eating lots of fruit and veg, taking multi vits to help with the scar tissue and just watching what goes in. Vodka, lol..it should have been :) That's a good point, I haven't been drinking too much alcohol since the op either but cant wait to celebrate when it has all settled down...good luck with your recovery, I hope it goes well and keep in touch

All the best
Stuart.

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Do you have any more pre-op pics? That below the chest shot looks exactly like mine?

What doctor did you choose?

Looks great!

Hi Hitcock, if you go to GynecomastiaUK.org you will see all of my pre-op photo's...I built a web site to document my recovery. Hope it helps. Thanks for the compliment! :)

All the best
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:50:43 AM by gynecomastiauk »

Patsfan1991

seems like your skin immediately reshaped. did you have any stretch marks on your chest before surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024