Author Topic: hardness under and side of nipples after liposuction..please help  (Read 4348 times)

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
I had glad excission only several years ago.  I was not fully content with the results.  One month ago, I went for revision surgery and the doctor after checking informed me that I only needed liposuction.  Results seem good so far.  Chest appears a little flatter.  However, there is hardness under and on side of both nipples.  Is this swelling?  Its been a month and I have been massaging and wearing a compression vest.  It hasn't subsided.  how long normally till the hardness goes away?  And when it does, will my chest become more flatter?  Thanks..

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The hardness you feel, called induration, is related to swelling or inflammation of the tissues in the operative site.  It can be normal following liposuction.  Sometimes, if there is dead fat that isn't sucked out, "fat necrosis" can occur and cause hard lumps.  Also, small collections of blood (hematomas) can cause small lumps as well.  It's hard to say how long your condition will last without knowing the actual cause, but at one month, it's no surprise that there are lumps and hard spots.  Massage helps to resolve this issue over time.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Doctor,

One quick follow up question for you.  Should I continue wearing the compression vest at all times?  Will this help reduce hardness in any way?  I was told to wear it day & night for a month and then only at night for the second month?

Also, after 1 month, can I go swimming and jogging or should I wait a while longer?  Thanks.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Its quite normal to have firmness after the surgery,this resolves with time.Does it look better?
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Hi Doctor,

The firmness I can feel under the nipple has been present since about 3.5 weeks.  And when pressed firmly, it hurts.  Is this normal.

Yes, left chest is appx 50% improvement and right chest is about 60% improvement.  Difference is noticeable but not extremely significant.  Its been 33 days since liposuction.

Could you also please advise about my query concerning compression vest and swimming/jogging?  Thank you..

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The fat involved is gradually processed by the body.  It slowly shrinks and softens, but it takes a long time.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024