Author Topic: Whats the deal? Hard lump on one side, 12 years.  (Read 2165 times)

Offline test747

I've had this for 10 years now.. hard painless lump under right nipple. Had it tested, etc. No cancer, harmless.

I spoke with a surgeon with health care and he will take it out but he says it is not a plastic surgery and it will show scaring. He says due to my low body fat it will probably adhere to the muscle / surface below and look stuck in.

Health care does not cover cosmetic.

What would be my best choice? Take a stab at the free surgery and if it doesn't look good have it corrected?, Will working out and getting swole make this go away?

What will people actually think of this if I go swimming? I seriously haven't been in the water for years and I want this to come to an end now.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to have excess tissue immediately under the right areola only.  It is amenable to surgery -- but would back up your general surgeon's remarks:  it is best done by a plastic surgeon who is experienced in gyne surgeons.  In the proper hands, you should end up with an areola which is flush with the surrounding skin.
Do your research homework!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline test747

On average / rough estimate, how much would you assume an operation like this would cost?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Costs would vary with the individual surgeon, his location and his background and experience.  Sorry -- it will vary all over the country.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024