Author Topic: Gyno or just puffy nipples?  (Read 2928 times)

Offline vanilla

I'm wondering if the puffiness in my chest is due to some recent weight gain or if it's something more like gyno.

As background I'm an active weight lifter who due to a back injury was out of the gym and put on about 25 pounds over a year.  I'm in the process of losing that weight but am concerned that I may that my chest will not reduce through weight loss.  

A few other things of note:

- If i push in directly on my nipple is just sinks in like there is nothing behind it.

- I've done the self test but I don't feel any large rubbery mass.  If i pinch really close to the nipple I can feel what might be a small bump smaller than a pea.  I'm not sure if this is normal or not.  I'm also not sure if this is indicative of gyno.

- In the 3rd picture I'm flexing my pectoral and pulling my arm into my side.  Is the nipple taking on that shape in part because of the extra weight gain  around my core?  It's typically not as prominent if I don't flex

-In the 4th picture you can see more of what I'm referring to in the 3rd.  Is that shape due to the weight gain and will it be reduced with the loss of the excess weight?  I guess I'm wondering if that band of fat and skin going to my back is part of the reason my nipple is protruding as much as it does.

- I met with an Endocrinologist months back for something unrelated and while there asked him if he thought I had gyno.  I can't remember exactly how he examined me but I remember he did touch and press on my chest.  He didn't really do an exhaustive review but he said he didn't feel any breast tissue and that it might be largely due to diet and muscle mass from lifting.  Does this seem accurate?  If it were glandular I'm assuming he would have felt that as well..?

- Genetically I just have puffy nipples but through weight loss what kind of improvements can I expect based on what you guys see?

Thank you guys!

Offline gyno_ARRGH_awful

• Posting Member
i'd say sme gyno, but there is also definetely some fat there as well......

Offline vanilla

i'd say sme gyno, but there is also definetely some fat there as well......

I'm hoping it goes down woh weight loss I'm just wondering how much it will.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For our purposes here, any surplus of tissue in the breasts of a male is Gynecomastia. The usual situation is a pad of fat with glandular tissue threaded through it.

How much will it go down with weight loss? Your guess is a good as that of anyone else here. The bad news is that the breast area is one of the first places for a man to build up fat deposits and one of the very last places where he is likely to lose anything.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024