Author Topic: I do have gyno  (Read 1345 times)

Offline incoherent

I'm 22 years old and live in Bangalore, India. Have had gyno I think ever since I turned 14 I think because I remember not having it when I was 13. I thought it would go away but never did. I stopped swimming and taking off my shirt in public. I think earlier it was only puffy nipples because it has never been visible with just a shirt on but it has grown a bit. I'm still pretty comfortable with just a thin t-shirt on but without one is pretty impossible. I've started working out a bit so have started losing weight but know that the gyno won't change. I remember before I left for college my parents were a little worried but thought that it would go away. Now I haven't had a conversation about it with anyone at all. I'm far more comfortable with it mentally than I was as an adolescent, some things do get better. I haven't thought seriously about surgery yet, can I manage my life without it?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome, you are among friends here.

Your story is a very familiar one, many of us have a similar story to tell.

Can you manage life without surgery? Yes, Many of us have and do. Good effective surgery has been around longer than you have been alive, but for me it has only been a short time. Even so, people have health problems and other things that prevent them from having surgery. Surgery is not the answer for everyone. Some people go to great lengths to hide the condition and others, like myself, simply ignore it and get on with life. You are the only person who can decide what is right for you. A word of caustion though, There are some medications that will help in a small number of selected patients. Blood tests to monitor Hormone levels need to be done regularly and the results interpreted by an Endocrinologist. Anything you can buy on line is probably just a scam. The medical treatments seem to work only in the case of Gynecomastia of very recent onset.
Grandpa Dan

Offline incoherent

Thanks for the reply. It feels good to even discuss this. I'm wondering from the photos, is it very advanced gyno? I think if there were no puffy nipples, I'd be comfortable because then it would be like fat people's psuedo breasts, which is pretty all right.It's the puffiness which causes them to look weird and me to hide them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024