Author Topic: Foam padding  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Sj

• Posting Member
When I had my surgery 11 days ago my surgeon put foam pads in side my vest 1 for the right 1 for the left and 1 down the front of my chest could anybody tell me if it will be best to leave them where they have been as when I have a bath my body contour looks really flat where the pads have been and where the pads are my body feels hard and a bit tender not sure if it is still swelling or not.

Sj

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's probably best to speak to your surgeon about this.  He obviously put the pads there for a reason.  I use foam padding in a limited number of patients to support the skin in good position after removing a lot of tissue where the skin may be a bit lax, and I'm anticipating significant skin retraction.  I leave the pads there for a week (they're sticky and stick to the skin).  It's not clear from your note if that's what your surgeon has done or not, so best to speak with him.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Sj

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response I have e-mailed my surgeon just waiting on a reply. The padding I was given is not sticky i can adjust it if I needed and position it anywhere I like. I've positioned them below the nipples and over my ribs. This is where I get most discomfort from where the pads have been just wasn't sure if the pads are stopping both the left and right side of my body from healing as the swelling and hardness is only in them areas where the pads are.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Years ago a significant number of surgeons used foam padding in conjunction with liposuction, some individuals still use it.While I rarely use it today there are some instances where extra compression may be helpful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024