Author Topic: gine or psuedo? pic  (Read 3151 times)

Offline avrb

hi,

been wondering for some time about my chest.
i'm close to 30, tall skinny body type, always had some abs fat and lower chest, but lately it bothers me more. please tell me your opinions.

thanks!

Offline avrb

Offline El Fauno

• Posting Member
Do you have any better pictures?

Offline UNIGYNO

• Posting Member
i think you look perfectly fine dude.. dont worry about that..
its not true gyno.. i think you should leave that alone .. dont get no surgery u got a nice chest friend.. i wouldnt mind having it.. lol

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not see any reason for concern.
Grandpa Dan

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Agree with everyone else. Nothing is wrong. Be happy.

Offline EastCounty

• Posting Member
True, what you have going on does not appear to be awful based on the photo, but I know that if it really bothers you, no amount of encouragement from our fellow members will make you forget about it.

Again, while it does not appear to be awful, I can see what you are talking about. To my eyes, it looks like it could be pseudo. I am not a doctor and PLEASE do not assume that I am diagnosing you. Even one of the resident doctors could not accurately diagnose you via a photo. You would have to go see a doctor for an accurate and legitimate diagnosis.

I always think that people should try changing diet and engaging in more exercise before moving to the next level. If it is just a little extra fat in you abs and chest, perhaps better diet and more regular working out could mitigate the problem to a satisfactory level. Give it a few weeks or even a few months. No improvement? In that case, it may be beyond the realm of diet and exercise and surgery may be your only option.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are probably a few pounds overweight (looking at the lower abdomen, for example).

Your chest is not bad -- but this is just one photo.

Why not try to lose some weight and exercise and then send us a series of frontal and 3/4 views.

And BTW, in my opinion, there is no such thing as pseudo-gynecomastia.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline EastCounty

• Posting Member
You are probably a few pounds overweight (looking at the lower abdomen, for example).

Your chest is not bad -- but this is just one photo.

Why not try to lose some weight and exercise and then send us a series of frontal and 3/4 views.

And BTW, in my opinion, there is no such thing as pseudo-gynecomastia.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacob, how do your personally catagorize "man-boobs" that are practically all fat and not necessarily breast tissue? Is it necessary that if there is excess chest fat that is hard to get rid of by diet/working out that there is also breast tissue?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In my opinion, any excess tissue on a male chest should be considered gynecomastia (much like any amount of tissue, fat or gland, on a woman will be called a breast).  And whenever there is excess tissue, there is always breast tissue as well as fat -- the ratios of each will vary according to the individual.  There is no way that a doctor can examine gynecomasia and determine how much gland there is or what the ratio is, much less a lay person's hands.

Some doctors will order a mammogram or sonogram/ultrasound to try to determine how much breast tissue is present.  That is all well and good but it does not change the surgical approach one bit. In my opinion, doing these tests is a waste of time and money. The only time they can be helpful is if the doctor suspects something more sinister.  But for a young, healthy male, these tests are mostly unnecessary. For a experienced gyne surgeon, most often a combination of liposuction and gland excision will be needed.

The additional problem is that no amount of diet or exercise can remove breast tissue.  The fat component may diminish somewhat with extreme weight loss, but the gland will remain.  When a man puts weight on, the first places it goes to is the chest, the abdomen and the love handles.  And as most guys will attest, these are the last areas where fat is lost -- if at all.  The worst part of dieting is that one cannot dictate to ones body where the fat should be lost.

Thus, I do not believe in the term pseudogynecomastia -- it tries to differentiate breasts with gland from breasts that are all fat -- and the latter simply does not exist.

Dr Jacobs

Offline EastCounty

• Posting Member
Thank you for your insight, Dr. Jacobs. I believe I see your point. Enlarged male breasts are enlarged male breasts regardless of what causing them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024