Author Topic: Can gyno cause armpit pain?  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 Hi, need help with figuring this out. I have a bit of gyno from my late  20's from trying some hormones, i'm now 38. I haven't touched anything in 10 years and now I have some tenderness and discomfort behind my nipples and my armpits are sore. Can gyno cause swollen lymph nodes in your armpits or could this most likely be something else? I was first treated by my GP for an infection with a broad spectrum antibiotic. I still have some pain and discomfort. Would like any thought on gyno causing armpit pain..thanks

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The axillary lymph nodes do respond to conditions in the breast such as infections or cancer, for example.  I'm not sure if you'd see such a response to gynecomastia, but it's possible.  Perhaps one of the other surgeons has had a patient with this experience--I can't recall anyone. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have never had a patient with armpit pain concomitant with gynecomatia.  As Dr. Silverman said, the armpit contains lymph nodes, which drain from the breast area.  Therefore, any infection or tumor of the breast can sometimes be manifested in the armpit.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Bilateral pain behind the areola is typical for gynecomastia. The fact that the lymphatic swelling is bilateral makes breast cancer very unlikely. Axillary lymphatic swelling is not  part of the presentation of gynecomastia. Bilateral axillary ( armpit )  lymphadenopathy as a result of a breast infection would characteristically require a bilateral breast infection,that would be unusual as well.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 Thank you for all of your input. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to talk about my symptoms again. The sore armpits have been better the last few days but my left nipple is still very sensitive if pushed on. I'm going to get more extensive blood work done also to check all of my hormone levels. Will get back to you with my outcome from tomorrow. Thanks again!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024