Author Topic: Getting surgery soon  (Read 1988 times)

Offline officernadi

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself on this forum. I have had gynecomastia probably since I was 8 or 9. I went through puberty very early, which is probably why I have gyncomastia. I started going body hair and facial hair while I was in elementary school. By 5th grade, I could grow a full beard. I have always been very self conscious about my body because of all my body hair (I'm probably one of the hairiest people alive) and my moobs. I have had girls completely reject me because of my body, and what hurt the most is them saying they couldn't date me because I was too hairy or because I had bigger boobs then them. Or in gym class when the guys in the locker room would comment on how I had the biggest nipples they had ever seen. Earlier this year, I dropped out of college because my self confidence hit an all time low. After I dropped out of school, I started going to a psychologist who said that I needed to really improve my self confidence in order to succeed in whatever I do. So I started working out like a fiend. I spend about 4-5 hours at the gym every day. Over the course of the last few months, I have lost 20 lbs and am down to 14% body fat, which is still a good amount, but much better then the 20% I started with. But despite all my efforts, my moobs started looking worse. So I have finally decided that I need to get surgery. After looking around Charlotte, I found that surgery cost ranges from $5000 to $10000 here, which is really unaffordable for my parents right now considering I am going back to school in the fall, so I have decided to get my surgery done in India. I had already planned a trip to India to see my grandparents, so I thought I would combine this surgery with the trip. And it looks like the surgery is only going to cost $1000 there.

In conclusion, I just wanted to thank everyone on here. After reading others stories and seeing before and after pictures, I finally realized that I need to get this done. This is the first step in getting my self confidence up, and later this year, I will be getting laser hair removal to complete my change.

After I get gynecomastia surgery in 2 weeks, I will post pictures

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
Good luck!  I had my surgery on Friday.  I didnt have the  "man boobs" I had very puffy nipples.  Been a problem since puberty as well.  Congrats on the decison.  My surgery was 5 grand in Chicago with Dr. Pensler.  The experience was great.  On the road to recovery now. Keep us posted!

Offline officernadi

So I had surgery done June 25 at Apollo Hospitals in Chennai by Dr. Ramachandran. I was extremely pleased with the results of the surgery, especially for the cost. Including bloodwork, extra materials used during surgery, and compression bands, the cost was 80,000 Rs which comes out to $1300, which was much cheaper than the prices I was quoted in the US.

The surgery consisted of both gland excision and liposuction. Overall I had about a tennis ball sized amount of tissue removed. My nipples are still a little large, but the doctor said they would continue to shrink until 6 weeks post surgery.

Pre surgery:

Removed during surgery:

1 week post surgery

2 weeks post surgery

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Looks good so far. Congrats.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024