Author Topic: Been a while - going in for a revision  (Read 2421 times)

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
It has been a while since I posted. I had the surgery in Spring of 2012. Generally improved results and I feel better about appearance. You can search my post for background.

However, right side was unbalanced and I was still not happy with it.  My surgeon had committed to providing revision for modest fee if I was unhappy - so I took him up on it. Not easy decision to go back under, but I want to get this resolved and its only one side that needs a bit more. I love my left side. I had planned to go in this spring, but got diverted by an unhappy but brief battle with cancer.

Surgery is now scheduled for October 3. Because it is touch up on onside only, I hope it should be much easier and quicker procedure and healing this time, but then again dealing with revisions means he may be dealing with scar tissue and other things.

I will try to post updates afterwards.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Surgery was reschedule by doc due to conflicts, is now October 10. It was a tough decision to go back in, but I have discussed with other plastic suregons who agree that while I look good, some revision on right would improve it to "better". Kind of a good - better - best thing. My wife supports, reluctantly, my decision, but wishes I would not do it which makes it harder for me, but this is a condition which has dogged me for years.

With only minor touch ups to one side I am hoping for a quick recovery. I did have some minor complications, hemotoma, last time which were unpleasant, but nor serious.

I will post followups in the other section after surgery.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Just in case anyone every looks at this post. I followed up in surgery success section. I am good with results with the revision on right, and putting this all behind me.

hammer

That is great news! What ever you do, don't put this forum behind you! There will be many young men coming along that will need your advice!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024