Author Topic: What reactions have girlfriends/wifes had  (Read 5014 times)

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
Hi I have had gyn since 12 years old, its got worst over the years.  Maybe because i put on weight.  At 26 i had my first girlfriend surprisingly she wasn't bothered about it. I was with her for about 4 years.  During that time i did not think about my condition much cus i was happy i suppose.  We broke up last year the other day i realized my gyn is worst, the thing is i have a new girlfriend and unlike before am self conscious of showing her.

Just wondering what experience others have had when revealing to someone.  Am over 30 and not depressed or anything as it dose not effect my everyday living i just where baggy shirts.

Am sure any comments will help others with low self esteem.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
My wife definitely noticed that I had larger breasts than I should (laying in bed on my side I most definitely have cleavage).  It took a while but I finally got the nerve to talk to her about it.  (She had a lot of other stressors going on so I had to wait my turn....)  I had started wearing compression shirts then finally sports bras, but finally gave in to wearing a regular bra daily.  My wife isn't thrilled, but she understood my problem and is ok with it.  She thinks that if I lose some weight it will go away.  I did lose 10-15 lbs and I went from a 40C to a 38D, measuring my chest showed that my size was increasing despite losing some weight. 

She has walked in the bathroom from time to time with me wearing a bra, I have tried hard "shield" her from seeing me in a bra, she appreciates it, but a bra hasn't changed who I am or how I act.  I am still the same old person. 

hammer

I always say, those bumps on your chest don't make you the man that you are, it is what is in your heart and mind! Those bumps are just skin, fat and extra breast tissue! There isn't perfection in any of us and I would rather have my breast then thousands of other thing that could be wrong! Things that I personally believe that are much worse then having breast!

A good honest man or women will truly see each other for who they really are on the inside, not on the surface. As the old saying goes, you can't judge a book by its cover and the same goes for any person as well. Yes, first impressions do attract you/them but in the end you fall in love with the person within not the looks!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Well said!

I always say, those bumps on your chest don't make you the man that you are, it is what is in your heart and mind! Those bumps are just skin, fat and extra breast tissue! There isn't perfection in any of us and I would rather have my breast then thousands of other thing that could be wrong! Things that I personally believe that are much worse then having breast!

A good honest man or women will truly see each other for who they really are on the inside, not on the surface. As the old saying goes, you can't judge a book by its cover and the same goes for any person as well. Yes, first impressions do attract you/them but in the end you fall in love with the person within not the looks!

Offline MrSeb

• Posting Member
My wife was really good at first, she even looked up support groups and on-line advice, I think we were both just glad it wasn't due to some nasty illness. But recently she seems a bit concerned about my appearance, the other day she took a long look at my sideways profile, and then finally said, 'Um, well I suppose they're not too pronounced' When I tell her that they could get bigger, she just goes quiet. I suppose it is all just too new to us.

hammer

Give it time, she needs time to except it, but don't let the breast change you either after all they are just extra fat, breast tissue and skin, and that doesn't change who you are!

Offline MrSeb

• Posting Member
Thank you for your words. I hope that she can come to terms with the long term possibilities, I don't want to be cajoled into surgery.

hammer

Surgery wouldn't be the end of the world either if it means saving your marriage! I myself don't fear the surgery after all that seems to be my past time, that is having surgery! Gyne surgery isn't important for me or my wife and being double D's it wouldn't be easy, but if it was important to her and if I was unable to make her understand why I didn't feel is was important, I would have it.

Good luck,

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024