Author Topic: Surgery in 2 months - Need advice on lipo or no  (Read 3545 times)

Offline rob23

II just want to say that this website has been very helpful and supportive and has encouraged me to get the surgery. I met with Dr. Delgado for my initial consultation about 1 month ago and scheduled my surgery on the spot. I have been dealing with GYNE since I was 13 and although I am not shy, I am a little self conscious about the gyne.

I would appreciate your feedback on whether or not to get liposuction. During the last 2 years, I have gained 20lbs and feel that since I am already getting the surgery, I might as well get lipo.

My concern is that lipo almost doubles the cost of the surgery and I havent seen many people on this site get lipo along with their surgery. If anyone has, what can I expect from this? Should I just knuckle down and diet and excercise?

Feedback appreciated.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
short story: get it, its totally worth it.

long story: see, i have read on many posts that if only the gland is removed, then it could result in 'craters' being formed.. plus, lipo gives you better 'countouring' of the chest.. i mean, the gyne has been distorting your chest literally for the last many many years.. i would strongly recommend you get the lipo done as well.. think of it as a long time investment.. in exchange of money, you get quality results and a lifetime of confidence regarding your chest..

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
exactly. This will hopefully be a 1 time thing for you. It's best to go all out, Im almost sure you will find better results with lipo.

Offline samuel2040

• Posting Member
FWIW, I got a VASER lipo job which got the gland (I had no particularly huge lumps) and fat.  I also got lipo on my lovehandles and abdomen as well, "while I was there."

I think if you're looking to transform yourself (and realize that lipo is for contour, NOT weight loss) then you'll be pleased with getting it all done at once.  Keep in mind that if you were to go back for lipo, you'd have to pay the various hospital/anesthetic/etc bills again.

Offline rob23

Thanks one and all for the feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
I'm just curious, what was the cost difference for you? ???

Offline colinosmar

• Posting Member
I went for excision only because i got my bodyfat down to a low enough level i felt i didnt really need the lipo, the lipo leaves additional scars and makes recovery time alot longer and leaves alot more bruising, things i did not want.  My results have been good, no craters or anything of the sort,  and the contour of my chest is great now (i have a substantial amount of muscle developed in the chest area, so chances are that helps, i want the big pec look versus the flat scrawny chest look, so leaving some fat around there was fine for me, however i have seen ppl on the site that want the flat as a board look and in this case you might want the lipo done)

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
is that $6000 total including hospital and anesthesiologist fees? Or is it 6000 plus those additional fees?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024