Author Topic: Gyno or Fat?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Choping

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you could take a look at my pics and give an opinion. I am 6.1 and 178lbs. I always had bigger chest since I can remember and I used to be chubby when I was younger. I am 22 now. The lower chest part under the nipple is soft but the rest has muscle underneath. I think I am around 20% body fat at this moment. Mostly on chest/pecs and bottom. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
A

hammer

Gyne or fat? Well, gynecomastia is a word that is used to describe male breast enlargement! It does not matter if the breast are more fat them breast tissue, or more tissue then fat. The facts are if you have breast that are larger then normal, then you have gyne!

Now, if they have more fat then tissue, you may be able to reduce them by weight loss, however, you can not reduce breast tissue unless you have surgery. And, in case you did not know, it is very normal for everyone to have breast tissue! Even males! If you didn't you would have can holders built in your chest.

Offline Choping

Then let me ask the question in a different way, do I have bigger breast than normal?

hammer

Compared to who? Me? No, I'm a double "d"! Compared to some normal flat chested kid of some who even post here thinking they have a problem, yes. However, you are very mild. The severity all depends on how you yourself can handle it! Some have puffy nipples and have surgery, others like myself mostly older have large breast and are able to live with them! Most of us are older with families and had had them for years, some before the surgeries of today were available.

Offline Choping

Thanks for the reply.

It is still not clear for me if this is fat or gyno. All I want to know if that I workout the area the fat will go away or the only option is surgery. Any other opinions based on my pics?

Regards,
A

hammer

Thanks for the reply.

It is still not clear for me if this is fat or gyno. All I want to know if that I workout the area the fat will go away or the only option is surgery. Any other opinions based on my pics?

Regards,
A

It is gyno! Or should I say gynecomastia! I think the question that you are trying to ask is, is it mostly fat? Well, it is hard to do an exam on the Internet . That would be kinda like doing taste test on the Internet! Tell me does this cake taste better then this one?
It would take a mammogram or ultrasound to see exactly what you have under your skin!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
Did you used to be overweight?

Offline Benign

• Posting Member
whether you lose as much bodyfat as possible, you will still have gynecomastia.. although it would look slightly smaller/less protrusion if you lost weight

from the last picture I can tell it's gyno just from the triangular shape of the chest, fat would just sag but excessive tissue under the nipple causes that perky look. mine is similar and I plan on surgery on next 1-2 months. good luck man

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
It's gynecomastia, but it's not horrible, at least it doesn't look it in the picture.

It looks like minimal lipo would be required. Since it is pointy I'd guess you have some decent glandular tissue that would need excision.

If it bothers you enough- go see a doc.

Offline Choping

Did you used to be overweight?

Yea I used to be.

whether you lose as much bodyfat as possible, you will still have gynecomastia.. although it would look slightly smaller/less protrusion if you lost weight

from the last picture I can tell it's gyno just from the triangular shape of the chest, fat would just sag but excessive tissue under the nipple causes that perky look. mine is similar and I plan on surgery on next 1-2 months. good luck man

Are you 100% sure or is it just your opinion. My chest has always been like this since I was 14 or so.

It's gynecomastia, but it's not horrible, at least it doesn't look it in the picture.

It looks like minimal lipo would be required. Since it is pointy I'd guess you have some decent glandular tissue that would need excision.

If it bothers you enough- go see a doc.

The funny thing is that I only have fat over there...and puffy nipples. No symptoms of lumps or "golf balls" etc. I mostly have fat on my chest and belly thats all.

Other people from different forums said it is only fat...is it worth going to the GP and "embarrass" myself?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Most men, at some time in their lives, have some breast enlargement. So you are normal. Maybe a bit more prominent than average, but normal.

How bad the condition is, cannot be determined by size. A person like you with very small breasts could be severely affected while others with very large breasts are getting on with no problem. You are the only judge that matters.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024