Author Topic: Please help me with any advice with my 44B moobs  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
I've had big boobs since I was a teen. I'm now 38 and have fought them everyday. I'm now a size 44B. A few months ago I went to the Dr and had some blood work done. My testosterone numbers were way low and my estrogen was through the roof. It's unknown how long this has been out of wack. I'm getting testosterone shots weekly. My Dr told me wait until after the first of the year to see where we are at and then talk surgery. I've had to go to a Psycologist twice a month and to a counselor twice a month. I now have to wear sports bras everyday and every night. My wife has been a great through all this mess. I just want them gone. Please tell me what you think when looking at the pictures and any advice you may have.

Thank You

hammer

First of all let me welcome you to the forum as this is the right place to be as we are all here for the same reason! Second, you said that your wife has been great through this all! That is great! And third, I see that you have a cross around your neck! I've have been through more then I can write in a few lines and if it wasn't for the love of family and a very strong faith I probably wouldn't be writing this right now!

One of the common treads you will see as you read in the forum from us older men that have lived with this gynecomastia most of our lives and have come to accept it is, we are our worst critics! Other people do not notice our breast nearly as much as we think they do, as they are all wrapped up in their own issues!

You will find an acceptance area in the forum where we that have accepted and some of us do wear bras for support talk about what ones work for us. My doctor at the VA medical center just told me that I should be wearing mine all the time as I have breast a little bigger then double Ds. I lost my testicles so it would be a waist of time and a nightmare of hormone balance for me to have surgery. I had gynecomastia all my life, it just went wild with the loss of the testicles and I've had a multitude of other health issues too, so I've  gotten so the beast don't matter much any more.

I'm not telling you to forget about surgery! You have no choice but to wait for the surgery so for the mean time, don't let those bumps made of fat, excess breast tissue that are covered with skin define who you are! Remember that it was what was in your heart and mind that made you the man that you are, the man that your wife fell in love with!

Bob

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have had the problem with your gyne for a long time -- and thank goodness you are now on the road to stabilizing and improving your hormones.  That will take some time until you are at a stable level.  Then, if you wish, why not consult with a gyne surgeon to assess your options.  Remember, visiting a surgeon for consultation is not a commitment -- it is merely seeking information from an expert source.

Then, you and your wife can sit down together and decide what you wish to do.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
If you don't mind me asking- what were your original testosterone and estradiol numbers?
How low was your T and how high was your E2?

I ask because I'm in your boat. My tats aren't quite that large yet, but they bother the hell out of me, and my T / E2 balance is not optimal.

Good luck!

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
I'm sorry but I don't recall what the numbers were. He has told me but the numbers at the time meant nothing for me. I just remember through the roof and super super low.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am older, have no tattoos, and have a good deal of body hair; The pictures otherwise could be of me.

No problems with the hormones though, I am the father of eight and grandfather of 26. I'm having problems keeping track of the Great-grandchildren.

Pay careful heed to what Dr. Jacobs said. You want to get your hormones controlled and stable for a while before looking into surgery.

It sounds like you are on the right track.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
Thanks to the responses. Kind words sure do make a person feel better.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sometimes there is a degree of comfort simply in knowing that you are not alone.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024