Author Topic: 3 week post OP bleeding  (Read 1561 times)

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
I had my surgery performed 3 weeks ago and I was left with fluid accumulation on my left side only, I recall the left side bleeding more during the procedure. My doctor aspirated my swelling twice, within 9 days of being post op. I also traveled to NY from FL for the procedure and had to back by the 10th day. Since then, I developed an infection which has been taken care of and things were looking better after the 2nd week.

This past week, parts of the hard tissue behind my chest turned to pockets of fluid and as I was cleaning my incision, it started to shoot old blood out as well as FATTY TISSUE came out. My surgeon said this was ok, that I shouldnt be worried. But now my left side has my nipple erect and pushed out, and alot of firmness around there aerola, as well as down to my seratus.

Should I be worried and what percautions should I take to minimize scar tissue? I keep my incision bandaged and clean it 2-3 times a day.

My surgeon informed me that my healing will take 6-12 months and I know its early in the healing process, I just want to do as much as I can for optimal results.

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
I'll have more pics up later when I have more time to reformat them to fit.

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
Here's another shot, that better describes the pushed out aerola and swelling. Is anyone able to tell if that is a hematoma or seroma?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024