Author Topic: Muay Thai  (Read 1549 times)

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
Hi Dr's,

I am 7 months post op, lipo plus excision.  I still get the odd burning/pain sensation now and then.

I am going to start Muay Thai soon (I'm already in good condition - getting in the ring is on my bucket list) but I am concerned about the potential impacts on my chest.  In general, what are your thoughts?  Enough water under the bridge?

I have a couple weeks before I start - my vasectomy is Monday.  Yay. Stocking up on my percs and xanax...lol

Cheers

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
7 months post-op, I have no restrictions on my patients. I don't know anything about Muay Thai, but it will probably hurt if you get hit in the chest.  Of course, I'd guess that it would have hurt before your surgery as well.

Wear a cup...that will probably hurt worse.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
At seven months you should be fine. Some sensory changes can persists further but they should continue to resolve.The wound should be strong at this point.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr's.  I'll start class as soon as the "boys" heal up!

Figured Muay Thai will really help my hockey game...lol

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
Completely off topic - had that vasectomy 5 days ago. It was a hellish experience, I'll take a boob job anyday.  Good luck to anyone getting it done, maybe my urologist is archaic I don't know.  I swear they didn't use freezing until I told him "buddy - you got to f'in stop this".  Thats the first time I felt a needle. 

Anyway, good luck to all - mine was a horrific and painful experience.  Still feels like I got a nice kick to the groin.  I honestly feel like I deserve a Darwin award for removing myself from the gene pool.

Best.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024